Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sandstone/Platinum design question

pauley71

I'm working with a dealer and really liked the black/sandstone interior of a boat they have on the lot. I put together a boat with a similar interior that included some white accents and then paired it with a white/black hull. He recommended going Sandstone on the hull vs. white. Definitely lower maintenance but I'm concerned it will look 'off white' and not *pop* like white does. Is sandstone the new name for platinum? Anyone have one and can comment. Have pics? With all the crazy colors that everyone uses, I'm definitely showing my age .. haha

I just went through the same process and ended up using white. It's hard to know how it will look in person with the build tool. I looked at every Malibu in stock at the dealer and did endless Google image searches to get an idea of what I wanted.

I like the bottom one you designed a lot. However, you said sandstone hull is "less maintenance", how's that? Doesn't matter the hull color, white, red, black, etc...it's still going to have water spots to wipe off. I've had white hulls and black hulls it's all the same labor to keep it clean if you do it daily. Now if you don't wipe down every day then true that a light color hull will mask all the etched water spots if looking at the boat from a distance but up close it'll still look bad and the shine will become dull.

• Like 2

The bottom one is basically all sandstone and black. I didn't mean to say it would be easier to maintain, just not show blems as easy as say a dark color. I didn't build that one, my dealer suggested it.

The bottom one is basically all sandstone and black. I didn't mean to say it would be easier to maintain, just not show blems as easy as say a dark color. I didn't build that one, my dealer suggested it.

Gotcha, I still like the bottom one. Clean, classic but not just white