Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear view camera

Ifinallygota21v

• 4 months later...
On 12/12/2015 at 9:14 AM, DarkSide said:

I added the camera to my '15. It is useful when pulling up a surfer. It is not a replacement for a mirror, but is kind of a cool feature.

Just curious what firmware you have? I have the 2015 LSV with MY2015-01-2016 V1 firmware and I just installed a transom camera.  Video works when boat is off, but when engine is running, video goes away.  I can try to select DashCamera under Media while engine is running but nothing happens.  Any experience with this?  Maybe the newer firmware has a glitch?

On 12/14/2015 at 1:46 PM, DarkSide said:

The camera comes with roughly a 16' cable. It was just a tad short for my use, so I bought a longer cable on amazon. Standard RCA video cable.

Question, where did you get your power from for your camera? How do you turn the the camera on/off, a switch? I realize your Media Center controls the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Mines not switched either. I ran cigarette lighter 12v plug to outlet by cup holders to power Canera. 

I found problem with mine disappearing when engine was running. Apparently there are two video inputs under observer compartment. One plugged into glove box and one zipped tied to harness. I tried the one zipped tied to harness and all is well. The must've connected the wrong one to glove box input at factory. 

• 2 weeks later...

Darkside,

Does you camera still work with the latest MY2015-01-2016 V1 update? I am having the same problem bunji169 had and i have tried switching the inputs and no luck so far. It worked great with previous software version. 

On 5/21/2016 at 9:58 PM, DarkSide said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for higher frame rate cameras to purchase? I dont see an issue spending 100$ on a camera that outputs a higher frame rate.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I am having the same issue with the video cutting out when the engine is started. Has anyone figured out the issue?

Edited by rx7mann
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead, (2013 malibu wake setter 247) I bought the oem camera system and before I mounted and ran the all the way to the transom, I tried it out by testing, the media settings menu on the mail view screen and inputing "video 2 with capture"  Worked beautifully! 

I ran the wires, mounted my camera, fired her up and I got intermittent signals. very grainy screen, blue flashing constantly.  So I thought maybe it's the cable picking up signals from the other wires running across the side of the boat I zip tied to.  So I took everything back off, connected it one more time, now I just have the blue screen of death. lol 

I got no signal at all. Sadly, I don't have anyway to check to see if if it's the camera acting up or the mailview. I did remove the amp panelling to see behind the black box maybe I lost a video connection rca but nothing.  All is connected to "video out".    I did find a female red plug marked Video In.   Not sure if that would work,  but I tried plugging that in as well, went through all 5 video outputs and nothing.   

I would have liked to try out a different source that took a yellow rca video source like a camera, or a camcorder, but none of those options exist in our household with all running hdmi. Is it a possibility the camera failed?   Although I see power running through it.   So when the camera is under a dark area, I notice the red lights for night vision come on.  So I think that's getting power.  Just don't know what happen to the video signal. 

I'm hooking this all up to the Black box stereo system.    I hear there are other sources under the helm that go direct to the viper unit?   Anyone tried that option? 

Not sure what happen with mine, going to keep digging maybe use another back up camera from amazon and see if I can get the signal to work.... so at least I know it's the camera that went bad.   :(     Any help would be appreciated. 

• 1 year later...