Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim pad opinions

exlonghorn

I'm needing opinions for swim pads that roll up and can be stored on board (wife wants one!). A couple versions are linked so you know what I"m talking about. Huge price differences as well...$400-$900? IF you have one that works for you I'd like to hear about it.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Original-WaterMat-18L-x-6W&i=58449&r=view&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlebase&s_kwcid=googlepla&cvsfa=2587&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3538343439&gclid=CIqy3-jV18kCFYJEaQodeqAI6Q

http://www.cozydays.com/pool-beach/water-trampolines/watermat-original-floating-mat-3480.html?gclid=CIzMqa_W18kCFQqpaQodno4GmQ

We have the aqua lily pad. It's about 500 and a pretty nice product. I don't think it's very realistic to take it with you on the lake but great for a houseboat or dock. Comes with straps to help store it but it's just so big it's kind of hard to move. It's not heavy but cumbersome. We leave it on the dock and roll it out for a day of fun.

http://aqualilypad.com/store/aqua-lily-pad/the-original-aqua-lily-pad.html

There are several people on our lake that have them. The biggest difference I notice is the buoyancy. The really cheap ones don't do well with adults or multiple adults on them. Regarding the storage thing, the cheaper ones seem to be thinner and pack up a little smaller. In general I don't see people taking them out on anything but pontoons. most store them across the bow since most pontoons have an open area there, no seats and I think you can't legally ride there while under way any how.

Of the ones I was on this past summer the thicker Watermat was the nicest but a pain to roll up. The aqua lilly seems to be a good compromise and one of the more popular ones on our lake.

Edited by Wayne

There are several people on our lake that have them. The biggest difference I notice is the buoyancy. The really cheap ones don't do well with adults or multiple adults on them. Regarding the storage thing, the cheaper ones seem to be thinner and pack up a little smaller. In general I don't see people taking them out on anything but pontoons. most store them across the bow since most pontoons have an open area there, no seats and I think you can't legally ride there while under way any how.

Thanks. I am not quite sure how I'm going to transport this thing. I see some folks manage to get them secured on top of the bimini or they let it sit on the swim platform and attach it to the transom. She wants what she wants. ;)

We have had several adults on the Asia lily pad at once without issue. I can stand on it and walk as long as I don't get near an edge. One nice feature is the built in bungee. We tie an anchor to it or tie it to the dock to keep it from drifting. They probably all have it but i would not buy one without it

We have the lily pad. The original one. A little spendy, but probably the highest quality out there. It is thick, and does not roll up very tight. We live on the lake so it is perfect for us, but i couldn't imagine putting it on your boat to transport around all day.

Thanks. I am not quite sure how I'm going to transport this thing. I see some folks manage to get them secured on top of the bimini or they let it sit on the swim platform and attach it to the transom. She wants what she wants. ;)

During the summer we take ours out almost everyday to the place we float. Huge hit with the kids. Fits on the swim pad of our vtx perfect. Use bungees to secure to the transom d rings. Easy one man job to roll up and secure. They may be a bit ungainly, but they're light. Can't surf with it back there, but toobin' isn't an issue.

I'm needing opinions for swim pads that roll up and can be stored on board (wife wants one!). A couple versions are linked so you know what I"m talking about. Huge price differences as well...$400-$900? IF you have one that works for you I'd like to hear about it.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Original-WaterMat-18L-x-6W&i=58449&r=view&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlebase&s_kwcid=googlepla&cvsfa=2587&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3538343439&gclid=CIqy3-jV18kCFYJEaQodeqAI6Q

http://www.cozydays.com/pool-beach/water-trampolines/watermat-original-floating-mat-3480.html?gclid=CIzMqa_W18kCFQqpaQodno4GmQ

Looks really fun, but how/where would you store this on board? It looks large in its rolled up state.

Edited by 09vRide

I actually think the aqua lily is only 1.25" . They have those too. For the price, I think it's worth a shot before someone drops $900 for one of these mats with the fancy printing on it.

And I can't speak for the density....if those differ between the link I provided and the one the OP did, then I could be way off base. I only looked for something that was made of the same stuff.

• 2 weeks later...