Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X spring install

2007 VTX, with Illusion x Tower.

A previous owner has disconnected the EZ Lift from the tower, the wire from the spring. Found one spring loose in the hull.

How do you reinstall. Do you need to preload spring to rejoin?

I found a similar thread, http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44014-are-the-tower-lift-springs-worth-repairing/?hl=illusion#entry612340, but pics are no longer appearing. Does anyone have have pics of how this goes together? Concern is that there may be parts missing.

thanks Roger

Pm me your email address. I should have a compelte document that shows it.

Come to think of it they may have put it in the Help forums.

Trent

Edited by Malibuzer

It is not there. Let me look for the one I have.

I found the document. I am sure that I asked admin to post it in the resources section a few years ago?

Edited by Malibuzer

Thanks again Trent for the document.

Still looking for any detail shots.

Does anyone know if the Ez Lift bracket holds the tower on to the boat?

Appears both tensioners are missing, so most likely will need to remove to have some machined up. Having no luck finding any spares for this tower.

If they do indeed hold tower on, it will probably need to wait till season ends here.

thanks Roger

Edited by 68LS1

Thanks again Trent for the document.

Still looking for any detail shots.

Does anyone know if the Ez Lift bracket holds the tower on to the boat?

Appears both tensioners are missing, so most likely will need to remove to have some machined up. Having no luck finding any spares for this tower.

If they do indeed hold tower on, it will probably need to wait till season ends here.

thanks Roger

Roger, I can find out if my local dealership has some parts leftover. The mechanics keep a ton of parts squirreled away for future. Maybe send an email to Greg at wizardlake marine dot com. Let him know what you are after. Might be cheaper with shipping than having some machined. You can also try the service group at Malibu. They may have some more detail than that document I sent you.

Mine has springs and I believe everything is hooked up correctly. Last time I lowered the tower I remember thinking the springs didn't seem to be helping much and the tower can't be much heavier without them. Are these adjustable to account for speakers and such? Sorry for the hi-jack but it might not be worth even messing with.

Mine has springs and I believe everything is hooked up correctly. Last time I lowered the tower I remember thinking the springs didn't seem to be helping much and the tower can't be much heavier without them. Are these adjustable to account for speakers and such? Sorry for the hi-jack but it might not be worth even messing with.

Yes they are. I have a PDF that I can send you to adjust them.

Roger, I can find out if my local dealership has some parts leftover. The mechanics keep a ton of parts squirreled away for future. Maybe send an email to Greg at wizardlake marine dot com. Let him know what you are after. Might be cheaper with shipping than having some machined. You can also try the service group at Malibu. They may have some more detail than that document I sent you.

Hi Trent

Much appreciated, it appears I need 2 tensioning rods and 1 tube end disc, where the tensioning rod runs through.

thanks Roger

Hi Trent, I have located 2 complete units at Malibu Marine, Kelowna B.C. Hopefully they will ship shortly, and I got this right. thanks for you help

Hi Trent, I have located 2 complete units at Malibu Marine, Kelowna B.C. Hopefully they will ship shortly, and I got this right. thanks for you help

A shout out to Malibu Marine, great service from Celine & Wayne. Units despatched Friday, arrived today down under. These used parts look nearly new. Will update once we get installed.

Bakes also got back to me, there are 20 new units available if anyone else might need one, at $245 USD.

Still waiting on response back from local dealer here (yawn emiticon here)