Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Canadian Boat Insurance

nohlan4

Just asking the fellow Canadian Crew memebers who they use or recommend for insurance companies? My current insurance company cannot offer me a policy for the boat I want. Looking at a '15 or '16 23 LSV. I am located in Alberta if that helps.

Hmm, well there are Canadian insurance companies insuring large cruisers that are more expensive than a new LSV. You'll be able to find another provider. You might need to go the broker route.

I use Johnson Meier and never had an issue with them. Going to watch this thread to see if there's anything better out there in Canada though!!

Edited by BaBaLoO

Got a quote so far from MD Insurance out of Ontario. $1395/month including full replacment cost, seems reasonable.

Don't know the name of my insurance broker at the moment, at work, there out of Kelowna. PM me if you need the info.

I pay around $800.00 / Year replacement cost for my 2013.

Edited by Dare2goBare

Was with TD MelocheMonnex until last spring. When I had to flip it over to the new VLX, the call centre rep had no clue and was processing me as a new applicant and said they were mailing me out the application and I should have it in a week. Faced with picking up the boat in a few days, gave Wizard a call and they recommended Port Side Marine Insurance - specifically Matt Hoey - [email protected]. Contacted him and he turned it around in hours. Great service and decent rates. Irony was I found the email correspondence from three years prior on my previous boat insurance and sent a note for fun the night before I picked up the VLX and the rep called back immediately the next day apologizing profusely. Thing is, he suggested higher value boats are a bit more complicated to insure and I'd have to apply (he would process immediately mind you) to see if they could find an underwriter.

Edited by KokaneeKonsumer