Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 vlx with acme 1235

dbizzle

Hey guys

Does anyone else have a 2002 vlx wakesetter running a 1235? I mainly board heavily loaded but I occasionally ski aswell. Does anyone know what kinda Rpms your pulling at 30-32mph?

Hey dbizzle,

I'm in a '06 Vride. Same hull as you. Hull doesn't matter as much as the engine. What engine do you have? I'm running the 1235 as well. Usually run 34-36 when I slalom and I can tell you that she is running some high RPMs when I ski. I'm thinking 37-3800, maybe pushing 4,000. Haven't skied since mid September so I can't remember exactly.

Same as mine. I'm guessing your running mid/high 3's at that speed. WOT in the manual is around 44-4600 RPMs if I recall, so your fine. I'm amazed at the RPM's it turns even running 26/28.

Have you skied behind it yet? I couldn't believe the difference in the hole shot going from the 537 to the 1235. With the 537 it was full throttle out of the hole to get me up. With the 1235, it doesn't take half throttle for me to get up. Took a few days of getting my arms ripped off to find that out.

I have 1996 VLX (same hull) with an ACME 1235. 30mph is probably around 3600 RPMs and it tops out around 36 mph and 4300 RPMs. That 1235 does not like speed. I have only skied a handful of times on this boat. With ballast for wakeboarding I love the 1235.

I loved the 1235 on my Monsoon 325 2001 VLX and still love it on the Monsoon 340 2005 VLX. I ski and wake-board just like you mentioned.

I don't know the specs off the top of my head, but I believe the top speed of the 2005 was 41 mph and the 2001 was similar... Although I'm not sure about speedometer accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

I myself have wanted the higher holeshot of the 1235 but from all i have read, 30 to 32 mph were going to hit above the 3500 rpm mark. Id like to ski at 32 mph but did not want to have to burn gas at the rate that you see above that rpm. My current oj wake pro V series 14.75x 15.25 seem to hit 30 mph at about 3300 rpm give or take a few and has good holeshot. I wish i had even more holeshot though but its not needed for my use i dont believe. I just like holeshot. . I have not tested along side any of the go to higher torque props though. Id like to find a prop with a 14.5 pitch and a 14 to 14.5 diameter with some sort of cup and see how it works. I have a 01 ss vlx with 320 monsoon btw. Since i have the oj prop, i was thinking about getting a more aggressive acme as a second and testing.