Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dec 10 incentive deadline...

Cmb396

So a few dealers I've spoken to have given great quotes on 15 models, but say that the price is good til 12/10. One dealer said the price goes up after that. Ummm, never in my life have I seen a leftover year model "go up" in price. Any idea what incentives will be after the 10th on 15' leftovers?

There is a factory rebate on leftover new inventory and new orders. It runs out on the 12th or the 16th I believe. I have seen it across multiple manufacturers through the years.

This is nothing new. Every year Malibu corporate offers rebates on new and leftover boats with expiration in mid-Dec.

Unlike GM or Ford, the program's don't typically get better after the Dec 10th expiration. The rebates simply go away.

I'm rushing to get my 16 order in today to beat the deadline.

The reason for this is they are slow right now and nobody is buying boats. When the boat shows start after the holidays the prices will go up because that is when the buying frenzy starts. It is like car manufacturers the next set of incentives will be different sometimes for better or worse. These deadlines give dealers a negotiating chip because of the uncertainty.

Thanks for the info, I'm new to the "new" model purchasing, never bought brand new.

I plan on buying a leftover 15, but just not ready to do so yet. Oh well, it's only money right?!?! <sigh>

This is nothing new. Every year Malibu corporate offers rebates on new and leftover boats with expiration in mid-Dec.

Unlike GM or Ford, the program's don't typically get better after the Dec 10th expiration. The rebates simply go away.

I'm rushing to get my 16 order in today to beat the deadline.

IXFE - are you going stereo delete?

I found this link - looks like it's the 16th;

http://www.malibuboats.com/mobile/news-m/news-article-m.html

I was told that manufacturer rebates are split with the dealer (i.e. a $3500 rebate is only reimbursable from manufacturer to dealer at $1750, leaving the dealer responsible for absorbing the other $1750) - is that indeed accurate?

Edited by NCSurfing

I found this link - looks like it's the 16th;

http://www.malibuboats.com/mobile/news-m/news-article-m.html

I was told that manufacturer rebates are split with the dealer (i.e. a $3500 rebate is only reimbursable from manufacturer to dealer at $1750, leaving the dealer responsible for absorbing the other $1750) - is that indeed accurate?

That is my understanding.