Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat lift canopy bird deterent

h2oratJR

What do you do to keep birds off your canopy. Walking down the dock this morning to get a late season footin run in noticed the canopy was a mess . Then when done with our runs a Blue Heron landed on top as the block was being drained. Never seen as bad as it is this year.

Get an owl of some sort... My father in law used one on his pontoon and never had bird poop again

Edited by powderski14

I fought birds for years under our dock roof. They would sit on the cables and crap all over the boat. I tried owls etc. They just made friends with them. I tried playing gun shots through the dock speakers. Worked the first time, no more after that. Last summer I tried the mylar tape up under the roof hanging down in the areas where they roost. Haven't see one bird under the roof since. The herons are a different story. They get on the roof and crap out a fish and it runs down the shingles. First rain it's gone though.

http://www.amazon.com/Bye-Bye-Birdie-Bird-Repellent-Scare/dp/B010T3L5LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449450538&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Bird+deterrent+tape&psc=1

We have had issues with gulls. Two years ago they turned the canopy white. Added three of these along the length of the canopy by adapting the base with a rare earth magnet and a light piece of sheet metal attached to the canopy frame. Magnet holds it in place and there was no need to put a hole in the vinyl. Canopy has been clear ever since.

http://www.gullsweep.com/