Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

yet another.....wakesurf newbie board question

7lazy77

New to the forum, but have been lingering for the past couple months now. Boated with a couple of friends this summer who have Bu's & thanks to them....I am now getting a 2013 VLX in a couple of weeks now! Tried my first wakesurfing on their Byerley Buzz....was able to get up with the rope, but couldn't quite go ropeless. I would like to get a wakesurf board now to carry on my boat & I am trying to figure out which one would be a good choice for me & will not only be good for beginner but allow for a little progression with me. I am 6'2" & 210# & other than the Byerley, I have never been on anything else. Both firiends have the Buzz's, so I don't really think we need to pack around 3 of them & thought it would be nice to have a different brand. Would like to stay under $500, if possible. After endless searching on the board & reading other posts...I am looking at the Inland Surfer Tako 5'. Any input on this board? Any other suggestions or recommendations are appreciated!

I suggest the Phase 5 Model X 58". Stable board with excellent speed. Can also take a fin out to make it loose. It will likely be a little over budget, but you get what you pay for.

The model X is a good choice. I would also recommend calling and talking to Doomswell and Soulcraft about a custom board. For a similar price you can get a board that is calibrated and custom made for your height/ weight and be done for years to come.

Btw, also consider the P5 Danielo Diamond in the same size. Basically same board but it breaks loose easier for spins.

I would advise not buying the Tako. You will outgrow it quickly. I am speaking from experience. Buy the P5 2015 model at around 500 before the Tako, much better board

Edited by BamaLSV