Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 A22 looking for color input

Ridebutter

23442296922_a8a8834c9e.jpg

white/blue MF - clean and simple
23255084560_78acfd8f01.jpg

Charcoal/blueMF - Just like my first axis

23550805275_c1eb8359f6.jpg

CharcoalMF/Vapor Blue

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ridebutter

You could do number 3 with plain charcoal hull with the vapor accent and charcoal tower.... I was looking at that as well but went with blue and orange instead.

23192121289_76bda2f5cd.jpg

Charcoal MF and Vapor Blue currently leading in the poll. I wish boat builder was more true to real life. These colors are not very close.

Edited by Ridebutter

Charcoal was the primary on my last one. It certainly showed marks, but I use clear bra on the transom and keep pretty good care of my boats. Most of the scratches come out with some light polishing compound. I will say it's one of the reasons I'm considering a different base but not everyone has a charcoal one, and I like to be a little unique.

Does anyone think charcoal scratches worse than other dark colors or black?

Edited by Ridebutter

Thanks everyone for their input. I am really looking forward to the new boat. Curious to how much faster the new surfgate actuators are. Now off to designing the new stereo!!!

23621640105_031f00b096.jpg

I am ordering this tomorrow. Pro Marine in Durham, NC is the best to work with.

23253712349_14abf4f5a6.jpg

Interior may be a gametime decision, but this is my layout for now. Silver texture, cement main, and flint accent. blue flake in the S2 pattern.

Options include:

Dual Battery,

SP1 to be upgraded to a Roswell Marine Audio system

2nd gorilla tracking fin

PNP

bolster captains seat

swivel board racks

surf bimini

wedge

surfgate (duh)

pop up cleats

depth finder (duh)

carpet

stainless cupholders

white color match trailer

140 PTM mirror

We're finalizing option on T22 and the boss picked opposite color scheme

Like the vapor blue & white

Out of curiosity. What is it about Roswell that you like over Wetsounds? I was looking at the Moomba Mojo and one big negative to that was the Roswell sound system. Not saying your wrong or right or wanting to start a war, just curious. BTW. I'm not super familiar with all of their products, only heard it the one time when I demoed a Moomba.

trying to compare apples to apples between different manf. Is tough. I would guess that the tower speakers in the mojo were not much more than a pair or two of 6.5" speakers to raise the sound stage inside the boat or for listening while floating/beached. The advantage is that they were likely not very expensive. Also, not sure what is pushing them, but factory systems (most boat builders) are netoriously underpowered.

Neptune 8.0 are the hands down greatest tower speaker I have ever heard. Not to say that REV 10s and 410s are not also great, but the neptunes are a very accurate and full sound. They also don't require a ton of power. Their new amps have a very small footprint and are priced appropriately. There are great offerings from lots of companies, but for my budget and what I expect out of a system, Roswell has treated me very well.

• 1 month later...

Nice color combo! What build day is your boat on.

My A22 spray date was yesterday, going to take the factory tour Thursday.

You boat will like be in upholstery that day. It usually takes about 6 days to build a boat.