Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

15.5 inch prop for raptor engines

Sailvi767

Still looking at options for props on a 22 VLX with the 450. Prop makers feel the engine really should have a 16" wheel but that will only leave ½ inch of clearance with the hull. Thinking about a 15.5 as a compromise. ¾ of a inch clearance still concerns me. Anyone running these types of clearances? Any issues like prop burn on the hull? With the slower turning prop caused by the new transmission ratio and the low end torque on the new engines everyone says bigger is better!

ACME has a 15.5 X 16. It's a stock prop. They have some props that are not on the web sight.

Please report back if you end up running one. I think it would be very easy to install a thin piece of stainless to prevent any prop burn.

Centurions are most all 1/2" to 3/4" from tip of prop to the hull, no issues.

I think it will be ok. Even pondering the 16". With the prop turning slower that should help prevent burn.

Any hull burn or damage at ¾ inch clearance? How many hours?

No issues works like a champ. I would love a 15.5, going from 14.5 to 15 made a huge difference in would think the same would be true going 15 to 15.5