Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Mods for the '09 VTX

erervin

As the season drew to an end, I decided to make a few modifications that I had been considering all season. First was replacing the original wheels; the clearcoat was peeling off and rust was beginning to form. Bought a set of wheels from trailer-wheels.com. Decided to stick with 15" since the tires were only a year old and for the better ride/tow quality since I do tow 30 miles to and from the lake, including a couple 300 mile trips to Beaver Lake.

I also installed the Perko FlushPro and bought the winterization kit from Overtons. Coupled together, these worked extremely well during my annual year-end maintenance and winterizing. I ran the boat up to temp, drained the manifolds and block, heater, and shower and then started it back up and ran the antifreeze through it. Drained it again collecting the antifreeze in a bucket for proper disposal. A little overkill, but it's always served me well in the past.

Last thing was to replace the factory Rockford amps with a Wetsounds HT-6 for the four cabin speakers and the set of towers and a HT-2 for the sub. Now patience as I wait for spring.

F19B3970-88DF-4B7A-A9AC-9C0FF60CF630_zpsD836C3DA-A827-4180-9158-4486538953DB_zps5F25EF78-5746-4F1B-ABA3-280171E51845_zps3CAC5540-0646-4967-91C6-A30B0F421EA3_zpsBD4DB25A-2CFA-4F62-8E65-7C242C32F70D_zps