Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much fuel stabilizer do you use?

tspkenneth

Problem with doing that is that MPI has a dry intake, shouldn't be anything but air running through it. By fogging you are filling it full of oil that coats the inside of the intake, can get on any sensors that exist in the TB/intake area and also attracts any little bit of dirt that makes it through the spark arrestor.

Not always going to cause problems, but fogging through the intake is an old carb/tbi thing not for MPI.

I believe your over thinking this. When a hot engine shuts down all sorts of oil/ fuel vapors creep back up the induction system anyway. Its the reason the induction systems are always fouled anyway.

There is soooooo much crap inside the induction system anyway he isn't going to hurt a thing.

Looking at the Sta-bil dosages there are 2 different dosage recommendations on the back:

Storage up to 12 months = 1 once per 2.5 gallons and for clean up and everyday use = 1 once per 5 gallons.

I use marine sta-bil every time I fill up. Maybe it's just snake oil, but if it gives me just one extra day of boating without fuel problems it's worth every penny. Between the moisture and how much a boat sits, I figure it's a good idea

After talking with the Stabil reps at the boat show, they stated that you cant really use too much and cause damage but too little leaves you under protected. If in doubt, go with the stronger of the two recommended doses.

After talking with the Stabil reps at the boat show, they stated that you cant really use too much and cause damage but too little leaves you under protected. If in doubt, go with the stronger of the two recommended doses.

You can't really buy or use too much of our product. PT Barnum has a quote in this subject, can't remember what it was.

• Like 2

And the next thing the Stabil rep will be telling ya, is that ya don't need gas, just fill the tank up with Stabil. Don't worry what could go wrong? The gas, that it is, the gas is really the problem!

With all due respect I have never understood old jeeps stance on this.... Maybe he hasn't had to ever throw out any gas? I dunno. On the other hand I have thrown out gallons of bad gas over the years. Different experiences I guess.

One way to look at it.... It can't hurt.

Also note that when using Stabil, the red is for long term storage and. Blue is for ethanol protection (with every fill up). As per the Stabil website. I use the red for winterizing for sure but I've gotten away with never using the blue.... Now I do use my boat more than some people I think I put 130+ hours on my boat this season. So that might make some difference?

I have thrown out gas that was maybe 10 years old in some very old vehicles I have purchased. I've never thrown out gas in anything that I own and use. I store a whole lot of gas every winter/summer - boats, snowmobiles, cars, mowers, snowblowers. If you have never had a problem then it is hard to be convinced that tossing additives in perfectly good gas is needed. Now maybe the difference is that the gas in other areas is just that bad, here not been an issue.

• Like 1

And I get that may be the reason. Just understand that your experience alone may differ from someone else's and a better response to these questions might be better safe then sorry. We aren't talking snake oil here.