Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions about 2015 LSV LS3

ponderosasurf

Hey all, so I put a deposit on a LSV a while back and am finally finding the time to go pick it up tomorrow. Are there any specific things I need to look at regarding this model/engine? It has 65 hours on it so it has hopefully worked out all the little kinks. Any things I should ask specifically about? I will be driving it. Any thing to look at in regards to driving it? Any small things with the screen? I have been on a new mxz all summer so I understand how the screen works and such and will test it out to my knowledge. Just want some hints from the great crew here.

As I know the rule, pics or it didnt happen, so here so the link to it is below as I know pictures are important. Pretty pumped to pick it up and hopefully it checks out. I can post more pictures of it tomorrow and give my thoughts on it.

Thanks for the help!

http://www.skierspier.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=1591183&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Edited by ponderosasurf

I'm glad you didn't buy the green and yellow one!

on skiers pier website?

Edit- just saw it after looking through their boats. That is an interesting color choice. Not sure it would be my first choice of colors

Edited by ponderosasurf

Check the top alternator bolt and make sure it hasn't sheared off. Mine as well as 3 other indmar ls3 had that happen. My fix, finding an ARP SS head stud of the same size.

i will do that. thanks!

ahopkins22LSV

Check the top alternator bolt and make sure it hasn't sheared off. Mine as well as 3 other indmar ls3 had that happen. My fix, finding an ARP SS head stud of the same size.

i will do that. thanks!

It is obviously worth a check, but I thought that was an issues ont he 2014 Marine Power LS3 engines?

Congrats on the boat! It is BA for sure.

• Like 1

on skiers pier website?

Edit- just saw it after looking through their boats. That is an interesting color choice. Not sure it would be my first choice of colors

I talked to the guys at Skier's Pier about that boat when I picked up my LSV from being winterized. I assumed the previous owner was a big Oregon fan, turns out he's a HUGE Brazilian soccer fan. They said his new boat is a similar color scheme.

I talked to the guys at Skier's Pier about that boat when I picked up my LSV from being winterized. I assumed the previous owner was a big Oregon fan, turns out he's a HUGE Brazilian soccer fan. They said his new boat is a similar color scheme.

Gross. Here I thought it was a Green Bay Packers fan.

So we brought it home yesterday. The LS3 is great. I love the power compared to our 350. The boat looks great! The white g4 tower is sweet. The trailer is all black, as the boat was ordered without a trailer. They took a trailer from a 2016 since malibu is making all dealers order trailers or they get hosed on the cost (what I was told). The wheels have red flake insert so it actually looks good. The wake picture is stock settings with 800s pnp and 3 guys. Will have to add some bow weight and more friends :)

image2_zpsczru8yxn.jpg

image5_zps4dmuac26.jpg

image3_zpsylm1ars1.jpg

image4_zps2sealu3a.jpg

image1_zpsnmkaizw4.jpg

123%20copy_zpsf8r0geff.jpg

12%20copy_zpsrteogxv6.jpg

Edited by ponderosasurf
  • Like 3

So we brought it home yesterday. The LS3 is great. I love the power compared to our 350. The boat looks great! The white g4 tower is sweet. The trailer is all black, as the boat was ordered without a trailer. They took a trailer from a 2016 since malibu is making all dealers order trailers or they get hosed on the cost (what I was told). The wheels have red flake insert so it actually looks good. The wake picture is stock settings with 800s pnp and 3 guys. Will have to add some bow weight and more friends :)

image2_zpsczru8yxn.jpg

image5_zps4dmuac26.jpg

image3_zpsylm1ars1.jpg

image4_zps2sealu3a.jpg

image1_zpsnmkaizw4.jpg

123%20copy_zpsf8r0geff.jpg

12%20copy_zpsrteogxv6.jpg

With the exception that I have a red floor, that interior is the exact same as mine... so I love it! Awesome looking boat.

• Like 2

Sick boat!! The black trailer looks great with your vehicle and with the red inserts it has just enough pop. Should have stuck around for the Polar Bear today too.

I wanted too but I had to get back home. Sounded like it was going to be a good day with perfect weather!

Edited by ponderosasurf