Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior Ski Storage thoughts

brandonhurt10

I have a VTX with extra 750s in the rear lockers for surfing, which really limits me on where to store ski's onboard. I'm thinking about building a 9" platform/table to put in the lockers and have the extra bags sit on top of and have skis underneath. Obviously these will have to be pretty beefy but i figure i can slide 3 to 4 skis in each locker and access from the rear bench seats. It's a family boat so the gear continues to add up between surfboards, slalom and double skis, and wakeboards. I will likely add a ski rack to tower but won't be enough to store everything. I'm curious if anyone has done something similar to this and or anyone has other suggestions for storing lots of gear on board.

Skis fit under the left side seats without extending into the rear compartment. No idea how you would fit skis on the right side even if they were running from the back of the locker - unless you removed the cooler.

For hauling all that I would get pockets or straps on the Bimini so you don't have to waste rack positions on surf boards and can use them for wake and ski racks. Also consider shocker forks so you could rack 2 wakeboards and one surf in a single rack.

Edited by oldjeep

The only thing I can think of and it isn't for me is racks that go on the side of your boat.
I've got a link in my Favorites for the above item but it no longer works for: http://www.liquidcouragewatersports.com/

Might want to Google: Suction Cup Wakeboard Racks or something similar.