Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bunk carpet

gorilla

Hey, gonna replace my bunk carpet and decided to order from an online place. Placed my order based off the description and pics, thinking that is what I am getting for carpet. My order shows up today and it is a different brand of carpet, not what I ordered.

So, question for all of you out there that has replaced their bunk carpet, is the SeaChoice stuff any good? That's what I received.

Thanks.

How thick is it compared to your old carpet. So long as it is as thick or thicker I'd say you probably got your monies worth. For " for a trailer bunk", trailer specific carpet is pure snake oil IME/O. I used a local carpet place that I had carpet my house. I found a crazy good outdoor carpet in remnants and had the carpet store cut it to length and width for $60.00 for a 23' BM TA trailer. Granted my trailer is housed 24/7, but I bet if it wasn't it would outlast the bunk boards 2 to 1! How you load the boat on the trailer will kill the carpet quicker than anything. JM2C

Never heard of it. I did mine about 5 or 6 yrs ago with something I bought at Home Depot. It has a rubber backing & has held up great. Of course the trailer sits out in the sun with no boat all summer.

One note, when I did mine, the wood bunk was fine. So I just carpeted right over the old stuff. I figured the extra padding couldn't hurt. And it hasn't so far.

I have ordered mine off ebay for the last couple times I had to redo them.

Here is a link to some, but I have always used this particular seller, he also has a couple different thicknesses to choose from but I get the heaviest possible:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Bunk-Carpet-for-PWC-BOAT-Trailer-BLACK-18-x-50-Marine-Outdoor-/201473886519?hash=item2ee8c78937:g:umEAAOSwosFUW~N3

Yeh, you never know online. The remnants were a great deal as they couldn't hardly give it away as the couldn't get a whole room out of the pieces they had left over. Normally, I would rather get kicked in the "jimmy" before buying Berber carpet, but the knap on this stuff has held up great and seems to shed debris easier than the OEM stuff.

Edited by wdr
  • 4 months later...
On December 3, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Bill_AirJunky said:

Never heard of it. I did mine about 5 or 6 yrs ago with something I bought at Home Depot. It has a rubber backing & has held up great. Of course the trailer sits out in the sun with no boat all summer.

One note, when I did mine, the wood bunk was fine. So I just carpeted right over the old stuff. I figured the extra padding couldn't hurt. And it hasn't so far.

How's it holding up? I need to do mine. I will be in Havasu in a couple weeks and I'm sure a lake town HD will carry this product. 

9 minutes ago, Big Jay D said:

How's it holding up? I need to do mine. I will be in Havasu in a couple weeks and I'm sure a lake town HD will carry this product. 

Good so far. But remember that my boat gets launched maybe 10 times a year. The bulk of the summer the trailer sits out in the weather.