Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BEST SET UP FOR A22 WAKESURF

bottlefedsi

Hello everyone, I am new to the wake world and just purchased a 2016 A22 with surfgate and plug and play bags throughout the boat. My question is this, should all hard tanks and soft bags be full for the best wake for surfing? We only typically have between 2-4 people actually on the boat while surfing. Conventional wisdom says to fill everything, while the wake is tall it doesnt seem to be to long. Any help would be appreciated.

More weight the better but distributed about 60/40 to 50/50 rear and front respectively. Speed between 10.8 and 11.4.

Ive only had limited success with floating wedge on my 2013 but thats the old hull.

900s rear, 950 arrow in the nose plus a bag or human ballast.

I have an A22 2015

Stock hard full

750 rears full

950 horseshoe (about 700) full

Wedge down

11.6 mph

I may put a sack in the walkway next year

Have gone ropeless at 225 lbs am a beginner

Regular side

I have limited photos on this PC but this one shows the left side pretty well. The goofy (right) side is better with more lip. This setup was 4 adults, 750 rear pnp, stock ballast and front 750 pnp all full with wedge down and we surf at 11.2-11.4mph.

IMG_3260_zpsd4btuprn.jpg

This was a buddy. About 200lbs and yes he could ride it ropeless. This was the first day of a week long vacation and his first ride behind the boat so he was seeing how far back the pocket went. I have a lot more photos but they are on another PC at home. You can see on the rope that we added a 10' section to the standard wakesurf rope. This was mainly for newer riders on board to get further back while learning but it also allows for easier rider pickups without pulling the rope in each time.

Wow, thanks for all the info. I think the rear tanks are 900 and the bow is 750 but I will check to be sure. We have been surfing at 10.2 to 10.4, sounds like we need to kick the speed up to 11.2 and maybe that will lengthin the wake?

Wow, thanks for all the info. I think the rear tanks are 900 and the bow is 750 but I will check to be sure. We have been surfing at 10.2 to 10.4, sounds like we need to kick the speed up to 11.2 and maybe that will lengthin the wake?

Bingo, it will length and firm it up. The picture in my post, the speed was 11.0 - 11.4.

• Like 1

That should be good ratio for now weight. Definitely speed up and your wave will lengthen. You have the base down just need to play with it alittle.

Perfect, I thought that the speed seemed alittle slow but the dealer had recommended that. How do you calibrate the speed? Can I do that or does the dealer?

Should be able to calibrate from the gauge cluster buttons. It is more helpful if you have a handheld gps to verify.

Go into the display, button thru to calibrate mode or something. With a helper calling out your speed, from your gps app 11.2...11.4....etc, push the button to (+) increase, or (-) decrease...something like that. Can't remember, but very easy. That way when someone recommends 11.2 mph or whatever, you are going 11.2mph

Ahh I see, I will try that this weekend. Also, does anyone know how to turn off the auto volume control on the new kicker radios? I have gone through every menu and cant seem to find it. Thanks

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone, I am new to the wake world and am looking to purchase a boat. I am having a hard time getting an idea of how much wake surf boats cost, and came across a 2014 wake ski Malibu axis for $50k. Is this a good deal? How much do these run? Any help would be appreciated. 😊

Edited by Kelicia