Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tire question

malibuskier2003

For those of you running 18" wheels, what tires (brand/size) are you putting on them?

Dave

Old size (2015 and before) 255/45R18

New size (starting in 2016) 255/55R18

Both Malibu and Boatmate went to the bigger size tire this year. Not sure why, but they probably wanted the higher load rating so the bigger boats could continue to ride on dual axles.

Nexen N3000 is what Boatmate supplied for years. They also used Nitto NT555. Both have the same load rating.

I've had both and prefer the Nittos (pictured below).

20140507_172100_zpsfj2iuykg.jpg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2
  • 6 years later...

What 255 55 r18 is the best option currently?

Just picked up a trailer with the 18" wheels and one did not make the trip home. Luckily the spare 255 55 r15 worked for the 7 hrs back home.

Stopped at five different tire stores in Huntsville, AL and none had any in stock so took my chances driving home on the spare.  Called around today at my local stores and no one had any in stock either.

16543817842223812859425546655305.jpg