Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Discounted Comp Vest

BlknYlwT22

What website do you guys suggest to find decently priced? I am looking to buy a comp vest to give to my fiance for Christmas and don't want to pay $125 for one. Last year I picked up a last years model Slingshot Impact for half off and would like to do the same for her.

What website do you guys suggest to find decently priced? I am looking to buy a comp vest to give to my fiance for Christmas and don't want to pay $125 for one. Last year I picked up a last years model Slingshot Impact for half off and would like to do the same for her.

If you get time, go up to the Ripple Wake in Carmel and check out Brad's selection of comp vests. He usually has good prices on his stuff.

Not trying to start a debate, there is obviously less flotation material in a comp vest but if you need to be higher out of the water than the pic below. IDK why.

[]

Better chance of being above water when you can't hold your head up on your own. Most of our uscg vests have a bias of flotation on the front and sides.

Not trying to start a debate, there is obviously less flotation material in a comp vest but if you need to be higher out of the water than the pic below. IDK why.

Vest.jpg

I use one as well but the only reason the rider is that high up is because of the board he is standing on. Without the board, he'd prob be up to his chin in water. I don't recommend comp vests unless you are a very experienced rider. There are CGA's out there that "look just as cool."

I would never put my kids or wife in one.

Edit: Not putting anyone down for wearing one, it's a personal choice and personal preference. I like them but would not recommend for riders with less experience who do not know how to fall well.

Edited by t a

I got an email from buywake.com today 50% flash sale from noon - 4pm eastern time riding essentials and clothing

Edit: Promo code flash50 NVM only good on clothes :(

Edited by t a