Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Hours

Birm

Just wondering how many hours everyone put on their boat the first weekend it was home. We put on close to 10 hours....6 hours yesterday and 3+ today. Would have put on more, but we don't have a bimini yet and couldn't take any more sun!

New Boat Hours, How many hours your first weekend?

Never enough! I am not sure if I have counted on any boat, but I am sure of one thing, it was't enough! Congrats on knocking out the break-in!

First day out we had no wake restrictions on the lake due to high water(surprised). The spring of 2003 was very rainy here in NJ. Might of got 3 hrs. on her, most at idle speed. If we could find a hidden corner with no police patrol, we would run it at planing speed for a few minutes. Probally the worst break-in routine you could ever do to the motor. We had to wait for vacation in upstate NY to finish the break-in, which we did with regular skiing. On my acceptance ride at the dealer which lasted about 20 minutes, I did not baby it, even opening it up once or twice.

IIRC we put close to 20 on it the first weekend, but then we literally picked the boat up & headed to Shasta for some houseboating. Probably not a fair comparison. It was fun though, Shasta in September is un-freakin'-believable.

IIRC we put close to 20 on it the first weekend, but then we literally picked the boat up & headed to Shasta for some houseboating. Probably not a fair comparison. It was fun though, Shasta in September is un-freakin'-believable.

Not to mention a shoreline that runs forever...lol Oh thanks for rubbing it in ;) IIRC we put on about 10 hours the first weekend.

Picked ours up from the dealer the friday of Memorial day weekend and had 25 hours on it by the end of the weekend. We have had it for a month and a half now and have 90 hours on it.

Just barely over the 10 hour mark. We couldn't stand anymore Oklahoma whitecaps. Mad.gif

I also put it into a hard 180 spin while my wife had her eyes closed Innocent.gif Bad Idea Cry.gif We had to load her up shortly after that, the boat too...