Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Malibu trailers vs. 2015 Boatmate trailers

pauley71

Is there much of a difference in the standard offering trailer? I won't be upgrading the trailer at all since I won't use it. I figure a basic trailer can rust in my yard as well as a fancy one :)

Just wondering if Malibu brought something different now that they are making them.

From what I have seen they are not tremendously different. The very rear step on the boatmate was triangular shaped on the boatmate and it's larger and square on the Malibu trailer. Malibu only has like two wheel upgrade options as opposed to boatmate that had a list you could pick from, outside of that I think a lot of the components used are the same such as the jack, transom straps, etc.

a lot of the components used are the same such as the jack, transom straps, etc.

Yep...Boatmate, and any other trailer manufacturer, uses a lot of 'off-the-shelf' parts from UFP, Fulton, etc. As long as Malibu is putting everything together right, and using good components like Boatmate does, the functional parts of the trailers should be pretty close. Biggest difference, if any, would be cosmetic versus function..

Personally, I'd rather have a Boatmate trailer if I were buying a new boat. They have been at it a long time. Malibu has not....yet.

I looked at a 25LSV at my dealer with the Malibu trailer. That particular trailer had a Rhino linning instead of paint. Not sure if it was an option, but I thought it was a cool idea.

I looked at a 25LSV at my dealer with the Malibu trailer. That particular trailer had a Rhino linning instead of paint. Not sure if it was an option, but I thought it was a cool idea.

it's not listed as an option, that I am aware of. maybe they did it aftermarket??

The trailer options are as follows:

• Trailer delete
  • Galvanize axles
  • Galvanize from & axles
  • 18" wheels (black, chrome, or KMC Rockstar 2)
  • Matching spare
  • Side mount for spare
  • Undermount for spare
  • Stainless fenders
  • Brakes - Electric Hydraulic
  • Aluminum tread plate
  • Tramsom step with slimline LED
  • Bow step
  • Lighting bezel color - custom color
  • Runway lighting
  • Retractable boat straps
  • Triple axle

I think I was wrong. I'm seeing that rhino like finish on some inventory boats at Wizard Lake. So it must be factory. It's just not on the options sheet that my dealer sent me.

Something I'm not liking about the new Bu trailers... If you want 18" wheels, they only offer THREE choices. Boatmate had dozens of options. Looks like I'll be sourcing my wheels locally again.

The rhino like coating was available on boatmates - locally most like mine seem to only have it on the fenders but you could get it on the frame.

It is called Elite Shield Coating.