Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Movin' on up... New to the Malibu Crew

NMMalibuFamily

My family of 5 is movin' on up from a 2006 Bayliner 205 to a 2009 Malibu 23 LSV. We are really looking forward to next summer to play with the new boat! Looking for good suggestions on how to convert from an inboard/outboard boat with limited features to a wake making machine! Our family is young, but we are enjoying doing it all - skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding, tubing and new to us is wakesurfing and wake skating (new gear is on its way). What are some good tips for us to consider while we learn the ropes of this finely tuned machine?

Do not run around the lake with your bumpers tied off to the side of the boat!

Do not stand up while driving....you will experience almost not dead rise when accelerating...so you won't need to stand up...there is a seat...use it and enjoy using it.

Be polite when out on the water.....other boaters look up to Malibuers...so set an example

Lots of info her to take care of you new family member

And enjoy your boat. Malibu makes some pretty dang good boats.

congrats!

A hard to find Classic White (love it)

Congratulations and enjoy

Cheers

Immaculate and only 14 hours to boot! I think she's the one we've looked long and hard for!

Good advice above too but I'm shocked it's been 2 pages and nobody's mentioned power turning isn't cool. Needlessly messes up the water for yourself and everyone else in just about all directions since the roller will carry to the shoreline.

https://vimeo.com/22102411

NPT3.gif

• Like 3

First congrats on the BU! You will love the new experience. Others have said that it works different, this is true. The biggest difference is reverse only pulls slight right. This can be an advantage docking, come in at slight angle, right before you get to the dock a brief reverse stops forward motion AND pulls the back up next to the dock.

These boats are maneuverable they just take practice!

• Like 1

The powered drivers seat was one of the 2016 features that I really coveted. I ended up with a 2015, but am intrigued by this option. Do you ever feel like you are too high on the seat and don't have a way of fine tuning it to be just where you want? I'd love some response from someone who has one of these vs. a 2016 powered drivers seat...

Also, does anyone know if a dealer can retrofit a powered mechanism into the 2015 (or earlier) seat?

I think a few people were thinking about trying to retrofit on their own. Fman might have been one...