Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Holy Black Friday Sale

jsmail

There are times when dealer support would be welcomed. There are always issues where dealers encounter things that may me repetitive for a particular model, not serious enough for a recall, but frequent enough that a dealers oversight might save lots of time in troubleshooting with no target in sight.

Dealers are not always some other race or religion than yourself. They are not always just out to make a buck. We all live in a fun, fast paced sport that requires maintenance on our products and keeping a positive pipeline of information is everyone's best interest. I assure you there is always more information on one side of the wall than the other. Jamming up the dam just slows the flow to the common side.

There are people out there that don't want to, or don't have any business, doing their own installs. Research or not, these online hackjob sales outfits will sell anything, whether it's compatible or not, and a lot of people don't understand what they're buying.

With what you said about dealers that are feeding their family off of a business, I hope that whatever you're career is, it's cut short or sold out to the cheapest Japanese company that relocates it overseas.

I understand Nitrousbird's point. He is posting this on TMC, a forum where people go to LEARN. Places like this did not exist 15 years ago. I understand that the online world has placed a lot of pressure on the local shops, and forced many out of business. But wishing ill will towards another crew member and having that attitude is why some choose to AVOID the local shops to begin with.

He wishes Ill will to dealers feeding their kids, fair game. I guess you missed that part.

But what you said in the first post is true. Not 1 single client of mine has been without their stuff. I've had people call at midnight on holiday weekends with something that broke. I'd be at their dock the next day with a replacement. Had a guy bring an amp he removed from his boat to be installed in his truck a couple days ago. I sold the amp in the spring. It was dead when we powered it up. I do don't have a replacement, but loaned him a new, comparable amp to get by with until I got his replaced or repaired. That's what a relationship is for. Good luck with Internet purchases. You'd be 4 weeks without what you paid for if its broke. And like I said in earlier posts, reputable companies products have arrived doa regularly from plac s like sonic electronic or hifi sounds.

There's nothing's no wrong with being on a forum and learning, but to say he would never support another human in the business and would rather buy bunk s*** off of the Internet is a kick in the teeth. Me and several other dealers like David and Mla come on here and offer free tech support. And then he makes a cmoment like that. Ask ncsurfer on here how much support he's gotten. He does his own work, but still supports dealers when he needs a product.

Edited by jonyb

Jony,

Nowhere does he say I dealers all go away. He did question why a relationship is needed, when so much support info is available online. Which you answered in your response to me. We see similar type responses in the maintenance section regarding oil changes, impeller changes etc. People are encouraged to skip the dealer, gain the knowledge and do it themselves.

I appreciate local business and will support when they are competitive on price. But I am not going to pay $600 for an amp/sub/etc when the identical item is $400 online just because my dealer is a swell guy. Same reason I change my own oil, the dealer charges $300, I can do it in 30 min for $70. My dealer is great and I do buy some things from them. Boat Bling, etc.

There are several online places that provide exceptionall customer service and support, bakes, Larry at Fresh Air, Cory at Evolution, etc. There are also the shady horrible places.

I hope all goes well for you, and keep providing excellent service!

There are people out there that don't want to, or don't have any business, doing their own installs. Research or not, these online hackjob sales outfits will sell anything, whether it's compatible or not, and a lot of people don't understand what they're buying.

With what you said about dealers that are feeding their family off of a business, I hope that whatever you're career is, it's cut short or sold out to the cheapest Japanese company that relocates it overseas.

#1 - Research. Don't be lazy. There is also a big difference between doing a full custom install vs component replacement

#2 - I get it, you are one of these vendors trying to make the markup buck. Guess what, the guy selling two states over online is also trying to "feed his family" and isn't raking me over the coals on price.

#3 - Thanks for wishing ill will on my job. Good thing my career is in an industry that can't be moved overseas. Neither is my wife's; hell, mine is relatively recession proof as well. You are welcome to go f' yourself.

He wishes Ill will to dealers feeding their kids, fair game. I guess you missed that part.

But what you said in the first post is true. Not 1 single client of mine has been without their stuff. I've had people call at midnight on holiday weekends with something that broke. I'd be at their dock the next day with a replacement. Had a guy bring an amp he removed from his boat to be installed in his truck a couple days ago. I sold the amp in the spring. It was dead when we powered it up. I do don't have a replacement, but loaned him a new, comparable amp to get by with until I got his replaced or repaired. That's what a relationship is for. Good luck with Internet purchases. You'd be 4 weeks without what you paid for if its broke. And like I said in earlier posts, reputable companies products have arrived doa regularly from plac s like sonic electronic or hifi sounds.

There's nothing's no wrong with being on a forum and learning, but to say he would never support another human in the business and would rather buy bunk s*** off of the Internet is a kick in the teeth. Me and several other dealers like David and Mla come on here and offer free tech support. And then he makes a cmoment like that. Ask ncsurfer on here how much support he's gotten. He does his own work, but still supports dealers when he needs a product.

You must have a reading comprehension problem. I stated I do not want a relationship with a vendor - I just want to buy the product I want and the cheapest price possible. Somehow that = wanting some random person's family to starve to death.

Your examples of this quick replacement stuff - it's a freaking stereo. I'm not paying top retail dollar just so my dealer "buddy" will bring me a quick replacement on the dock or loan me an amp. I'd rather pay a lot less and swap it out. I've had warranty replacement before for gear and the turn around time was never "4 weeks."

I'd rather buy off the internet because I don't want to pay markup (that 7% savings by not paying sales tax on out of state items is a nice discount too). That markup buys me nothing that I want. Just like I've never bought from my local boat dealer, when Bakes, Peter @ Smooth Water and Amazon/eBay have me covered. Sure, if Bakes or Smooth Water were local, I'd stop by and purchase from them. They aren't. Oh, and get this, they both sell at a discount AND offer good customer support. There is a novel idea.

Guys, you can not get into this kind of banter on this forum. One of you is reading too much into the others posts and wishing ill will on a member, the other one is resorting to language against the TOU's. If you want to carry your conversations on like this, take it to PM.