Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help deciding final M235 Design

Cipro

I watch very closely when the Bass fisherman come by. They like to cast those big lures close to the boat when its at the dock. Lucky for them they have yet to bounce one off the side.....they are pretty accurate!

Was gonna post in the "G" Killer thread, but that thread has become ...well never mind...

I need to decide in the next few days what scheme I am going to go with for the M235. I have narrowed it down to the two below.

Personally I like the red better, but the only reason I have not pulled the trigger on Red is the following.

1. The graphite interior can throw a hue of "blue" and It could clash with the red

2. All the the interior and exterior LED's are blue (not sure why but it is)

The new interior deals with heat better, but will still be an issue, and I realize that. The way we boat, is for a couple of hours at a time. Only one or two times a year are we out all day, so spread towels out people (might even save the seats)

Feel free to call me an idiot...im used to it...married for 18 years, but maybe not 19 after this.

-Cip

UGA%20Profile_zpsnzgjzg82.png

UGA%20TOP%20Down_zpsf9zcvosl.pngUK%20Profile_zpssmkvljxv.pngUK%20TOP%20Down_zpsfxs7xfgx.png

I got to say that this is the first I'm pulling for the blue and grey boat....sweet. Nice Job Cipro! I hope to see this beast on the big water in Norris Lake! Once again...Congratulations!

Don't get me started on fishermen at Loudon. One thing to be a jerk when adults are down, another when they scream by your 10 year old daughter going 50 MPH less than a tow rope's length away.

• Like 2

Had problems with fisherman in my part of Tennessee as well. We have run the same Line in the same bay for 12 years or more. We'll be wakeboarding and the same fisherman that has been in the bay all day will troll on over and sit right in the line we have been in all day never fails. So we just move over to the side a little and go around. Makes them MAD lol. I've had lures cast at me while wake boarding.

Most of the fisherman are pretty cool here. Sometimes they even vote for surfing as #1, although they vote with the wrong finger. ...

Usually I try to stay in one area, the ones that come in usually decide to go elsewhere after the first few rollers. Other times I share the good will and fish with them.

post-24799-0-96044700-1448991404_thumb.j

LOL I would do that but my neighbors floating home is sinking a slow death. My dock is built right, my shore line protected like it should be. I get big boats that plow by all day long some days.

Funny story, he eventually built a pump house on the shore. Had a permit and everything. It was the nicest pump house I have ever seen complete with windows, insulation etc.....and no pump :lol:

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

Seems like the rule should be that you should be willing to surf right past your own place repeatedly;)

I would not surf NEAR anyone's place. I do plan to move lakefront in the next couple years and do plan to surf regularly. I also am not "the guy" who insists on a look at me pass, sending rollers up the ramps.

Had problems with fisherman in my part of Tennessee as well. We have run the same Line in the same bay for 12 years or more. We'll be wakeboarding and the same fisherman that has been in the bay all day will troll on over and sit right in the line we have been in all day never fails. So we just move over to the side a little and go around. Makes them MAD lol. I've had lures cast at me while wake boarding.

If your boarding close enough to a fishing boat where he can cast a line at you I might suggest that perhaps you change your habits a bit. Keep in mind you are responsible for your wake if damage is done or someone is injured.

If your boarding close enough to a fishing boat where he can cast a line at you I might suggest that perhaps you change your habits a bit. Keep in mind you are responsible for your wake if damage is done or someone is injured.

you obviously don't fish lol. They make lures that will cast a LONG way. I was well over 200ft away.

you obviously don't fish lol. They make lures that will cast a LONG way. I was well over 200ft away.

For the normal rigs most lake fisherman use you might with a heavy lure cast 100 feet. If you are heavily loaded surfing 200 feet is too close to a drifting boat. There are many groups out there trying to ban boats with wake enhancements. Let's not give them ammunition to boot us off the lakes. I can't remember the last time I saw a fisherman behaving poorly. I wish I could say the same about wake boats. We may end up are own worst enemy.

For the normal rigs most lake fisherman use you might with a heavy lure cast 100 feet. If you are heavily loaded surfing 200 feet is too close to a drifting boat. There are many groups out there trying to ban boats with wake enhancements. Let's not give them ammunition to boot us off the lakes. I can't remember the last time I saw a fisherman behaving poorly. I wish I could say the same about wake boats. We may end up are own worst enemy.

I'm glad you have had such good experiences with fisherman (I am one and love my little center console boat)... we all tend to generalize and let a few bad apples spoil the barrel, and I have to keep my redneck switch in neutral when one of the a******* drives that Nascar boat by a dropped rider at 60mph while racing to the honey hole..

I am very careful about swamping the casual folks in the small bass tracker and aluminum small jon boats. The guys in the Nitro with a V6 on the back, I tend to have less patience with.

I chased a couple down last year, sent pictures to TWRA. Crappie season brings 20 boats a day into my cove, and 90% of them are good people.

**Off original topic** but we are very careful with our wake when people are fishing. But sometimes when you are towing a rider, you cant just stop because there is a fishing boat in your path. If that was the case, Id be stopping every 200 yards on our lake most afternoons. 9/10 fishermen give me the eat $hit and die look when we go by towing a rider. Even though 99% of the time I slow down to idle when I am not towing someone. Around here, the fishermen think they own the lake and they hate wakeboats. Granted there are a few wakeboats here that give us all a bad name. I am a fisherman too and try to be as courteous as possible because ive been rocked to death too while fishing. Its a scary feeling when you have a downed rider and a bass boat goes screaming by way too close just to be an a**. Just try to be polite, courteous, and watch your wave and know you wont always please everyone.

**Off original topic** but we are very careful with our wake when people are fishing. But sometimes when you are towing a rider, you cant just stop because there is a fishing boat in your path. If that was the case, Id be stopping every 200 yards on our lake most afternoons. 9/10 fishermen give me the eat $hit and die look when we go by towing a rider. Even though 99% of the time I slow down to idle when I am not towing someone. Around here, the fishermen think they own the lake and they hate wakeboats. Granted there are a few wakeboats here that give us all a bad name. I am a fisherman too and try to be as courteous as possible because ive been rocked to death too while fishing. Its a scary feeling when you have a downed rider and a bass boat goes screaming by way too close just to be an a**. Just try to be polite, courteous, and watch your wave and know you wont always please everyone.

I go way out of my way to avoid them. I'm on the main channel, and if I see one out there, I try to stay as far away as I can, but it usually isn't an issue, as they typically fish in coves or whatever. Not like 200 feet, more like 2000 feet. But they move spots, and that is where I had my biggest issue. Usually they just scowl at you. But I had a rider down - my 10 year old daughter, on skis. trying to get her to learn to get her feet in the boots without help. Plenty of slack in the line, it wasn't tight, and a jack@$$ in a bass boat comes flying by us. Closer to her than I was. He was probably between 20-30 feet away. He goes flying by, I grit my teeth and wave at him, he just glares. As soon as he gets by us, he cuts his throttles, and coasts into the spot by the buoy where he wanted to fish. That was the biggest jack@$$ move I've ever seen.

I wouldn't do it, but the thought of a power turn with 5k ballast would cross my mind if some jack wagon did that. Two wrongs would not make it right.

It was in front of our cove. There are only 9 docks in it, and if he is fishing at the mouth of the cove, he goes in it. As we keep our boat there, and it is not our primary residence, there's no question that any kind of retaliation I did would have ended up bad for us. I've mellowed out a bit with age, 20 years ago, I hate to think of what I would have done to him. Probably run over his sorry a**, literally.

You should do some searching on here. A few months back I posted a thread about a very good friend of mine being ran over by a bass boat while SURFING. While I go out out of my way to stay more than a couple hundred feet from them they have 0 regard for a person in tow. Don't come to me with "200ft is too close for a drifting boat." Try seeing someone ran over 15ft of your stern from a bass boat going 50mph.

what about something more like this. swim platform still broken in boat builder & dash only had one option, black.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-02%20at%202.24.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-02%20at%202.24.2

I love these, as they look close to my 2014 23. makes me rethink my choice...damnit!!

IMO I'd do a darker inferior like the previous ones. Flows much better.

I went with white on mine (assuming you are talking gelcoat, not fabric), which I thought was giong to be best so it wouldn't show small scratches, etc. Then someone posted up a picture of one with moonbeam. That would be the way I'd go next time around, as the carpet blends with it so well that it really flows better than anything else I've seen.