Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help deciding final M235 Design

Cipro

Was gonna post in the "G" Killer thread, but that thread has become ...well never mind...

I need to decide in the next few days what scheme I am going to go with for the M235. I have narrowed it down to the two below.

Personally I like the red better, but the only reason I have not pulled the trigger on Red is the following.

1. The graphite interior can throw a hue of "blue" and It could clash with the red

2. All the the interior and exterior LED's are blue (not sure why but it is)

The new interior deals with heat better, but will still be an issue, and I realize that. The way we boat, is for a couple of hours at a time. Only one or two times a year are we out all day, so spread towels out people (might even save the seats)

Feel free to call me an idiot...im used to it...married for 18 years, but maybe not 19 after this.

-Cip

UGA%20Profile_zpsnzgjzg82.png

UGA%20TOP%20Down_zpsf9zcvosl.pngUK%20Profile_zpssmkvljxv.pngUK%20TOP%20Down_zpsfxs7xfgx.png

• Like 1

Both look awesome, personally I really like the blue. Maybe it's just me looking at IXFE's build thread, but I feel like I've seen a lot of red boats lately. Can't go wrong either way, but I really like the blue!

• Like 2

Congrats on your new ride, amazing boat!

Both of those schemes are awesome, I like the blue personally. What part of country do you live in? That dark vinyl in nor cal would be brutally hot on people sitting in the seats. It looks amazing but I can only imagine the heat it will throw off and how hot it would feel with shorts on along with burning your feet.

Edited by Fman

@$150K+ is it unreasonable to ask the dealer to throw in matching LEDs? I mean srsly, it's like $12 in parts (if they rewire) for single color LEDs for the whole boat. I wouldn't let the LED color deter you... easy enough to "fix".

This roll is enough to fix all of the speaker rings, at least: http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-5050SMD-Waterproof-Flexible-Version/dp/B00U5Y2860/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448639624&sr=8-5&keywords=waterproof+red+led

Edited by shawndoggy

Think about grouping your colors... Instead of a repetitive black, gray,red repeat pattern...

Plus 1 for black hull, on the massive hull'd boats.

I found out in 2014 that if the flake panels dont have a color next to them you get very little pop, unless the sun is just right...

I love my all black 2014, its so sick, but when the sun is not out, its a not the boat it could be...

Edited by Cipro

Congrats on your new ride, amazing boat!

Both of those schemes are awesome, I like the blue personally. What part of country do you live in? That dark vinyl in nor cal would be brutally hot on people sitting in the seats. It looks amazing but I can only imagine the heat it will throw off and how hot it would feel with shorts on along with burning your feet.

East TN. Yes we get heat, prob not like you. We live on the lake and tend to go out not in the heat of the day. Its a valid concern, and I am having to balance the look I want versus the heat...

Both great looking boats! I like the blue because its a little different. I think there was a dealer out in the PNW that got an M235 ordered very similar to the red one you listed.

That's a lot of flake... I tend to think that flake looks best when mixed with solid colors.

Are they using full wetsounds systems now? Amps, interior speakers, towers, etc.? I know they had wetsounds tower speakers recently but was curious if they are still using Fosgate amps?

Yes, complete WetSounds audio system in the M235. Amplifiers, Subwoofer, Tower Speakers, and Interior Speakers.

^^^ and hopefully they hired someone from the dream team M235 crew who actually knows how to install a stereo. One can only hope they actually make an actual sub box :-) nice to see the are moving to a complete wetsounds system.

Edited by Fman

Thanks for all the feedback. I still worry about so much graphite inside the boat...the blue hue does not show on the boat builder.

Here is the best example I could find. For obvious reasons very few people go that dark... :)

Blue%20Grey_zpsqhk5ijvy.png

First of all congrats on the M235 purchase. I love the gray interior but can tell you it will be very hot in the Summer. It's to tough to decide if you prefer lighter colors that will require more attentin to cleaning or the gray which will be more visually appealing but much hotter.