Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question about Perfect Pass

barefootboy

Have an '03 DD Wakesetter. Getting a Perfect Pass. My question is what display to get? If I get the larger display to replace my speedometer I lose Air/water temp, hours etc. If I get smaller display where do I put it? Thanks!

If you have the paddle wheel you just plug that into the new PP MOd and you will keep your air and water temp..you can e-mail or call PerfectPass, they have gtreat customer service and are really helpful! :clap:

• Like 2

Do you pick ups on the rear of the boat for the spedos? if not, then you do have the paddle wheel , i though by 2003 they went to the paddle wheel, eliminating the pick ups..

• Like 1

Go with the PP Sky Gazer GPS unit and replace your tachometer. Then you have dual speedos, and keep the temp display. The PP display has a tachometer. They also have a few layouts and color schemes to best match your current dash. The PP people are very helpful. I recommend you buy direct from them instead of a 2nd party. They have the units in stock and the best tech support. When you buy second party they usually just order it from PP before they send it to you.

• Like 2

If your system is old enough that it has a single line display then you are going to wind up replacing the control module and the display unit to get it to work. Even going from the older multiline to a newer one requires a chip or control module replacement. Going the stargazer route would be my choice as well since it is only a moderate increase over what you would pay for a newer display unit/control module for paddlewheel.

And definitely call Perfect pass and talk to them about what you have and what you are trying to do. Also x2 on buying directly from PP, you can buy from Bakes but you will get better responsiveness and info straight from PP. We bought a new multiline and control chip for an 04 LXI last year through Bakes and it took forever, PP wound up just sending out a new control box since they were backordered on the chip only replacement.

• Like 2

Great info. Waiting to hear back from them and will cal them before I purchase but sounds like the Stargazer and swapping the tach are the way to go. Thanks!

maybe they will have a Black Fri Deal

Your boat should have a paddle wheel underneath the boat....not pitot tubes.

Minnmarker said it all perfectly.

X4 on talking and ordering from PP directly. Only downside is they are from Canada, and will only ship 2 day Fedex...so shipping is a bit more expensive.

• Like 1

Just got a response and I believe they just made a sale. Offered me 10% off.

Hi Brian,

We do not normally run sales. I can make you a one-time offer of 10% off the price of the system you want which I am assuming will be the StarGazer Wake Edition S system. This offer is open for one week until November 30, 2015.This is a GPS based system and is designed for wakeboarding, wake surfing and open waterskiing. Star Gazer Wake Edition now features a new GPS Slalom Mode that is perfect for course skiing. Designed for skiers who still enjoy running buoys but do not require the exacting tolerances of the Star Gazer Three Event. Accurate, simple to use, no calibrating and features No Magnet Timing. Our records indicate that your gauges are the 5 inch size with black face and black bezel (trim ring) but please confirm this prior to finalizing your order. Our gauges provide a digital tach and a digital speed reading at all times for you and yes you can replace your tachometer. You would only have a water temp reading if you have an existing paddlewheel that is sending a reading through PerfectPass. We will need to know the specific engine in your boat including horsepower. The price of the system is $1195 USD and with the discount it would be reduced to $1075.50 with free shipping.

If you would like to order the system we will need your complete shipping address and telephone number and we accept VISA or MasterCard for payment.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Carol

@barefootboy: the perfect pass website and the manuals available on the site will have some pictures of and drawings of what the display wil. Show for information and how it is layed out within the gauge. That will give you an idea of either which gauge you want it to replace or if you want to simply add it either in a new spot or by making a custom dash panel.

• Like 1

There are sales for PP here and there, or discounted pricing. I paid about $150 or so under MSRP when I got mine a couple years ago (I replaced the tach, which had went out anyway, so it was easy to choose what to replace). Bought mine from Skier to Skier. They were by far the cheapest anywhere (at the time at least).

Edited by Nitrousbird
  • Like 1