Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1991 skier interior vinyls

Has anyone replaced their interior vinyl coverings on their older Mal? I need a reference to whom I can get new/replacement interior vinyl coverings for my '91 skier.

You need to get in contact with Chee at the Malibu plant in California, he is in charge of the group that makes the interoirs. If they have the patterns for your boat they can make an exact matching set that the boat came from teh factory with.

Send an email to [email protected] -- Jorge will forward your information to Chee. Include your phone number (evenings) and the HID (Hull Identification Number) so that Chee can verify what the color scheme is.

Chee will call you when he gets a chance, usually in the evenings and it may take 10 to 14 days before you hear from him.

I purchased a complete skin set for my 92 EuroF3 sunsetter 201 this a few months ago including a new drivers seat. I hope to install the skins later this year. I have to make all new seat bases out of HDPE old seat bases were plywood.

Jgutzy

Anyone know what a new set would cost on a 93 Echelon. Just ballpark it. I have been thinking about getting new ones but I am not ready yet. Just want to get an ideaof what I would be in for when I finally do it.

BTW, anyways know what all is involved with replacing the carpet.

You need to get in contact with Chee at the Malibu plant in California, he is in charge of the group that makes the interoirs. If they have the patterns for your boat they can make an exact matching set that the boat came from teh factory with.

Send an email to [email protected] -- Jorge will forward your information to Chee. Include your phone number (evenings) and the HID (Hull Identification Number) so that Chee can verify what the color scheme is.

Chee will call you when he gets a chance, usually in the evenings and it may take 10 to 14 days before you hear from him.

I purchased a complete skin set for my 92 EuroF3 sunsetter 201 this a few months ago including a new drivers seat. I hope to install the skins later this year. I have to make all new seat bases out of HDPE old seat bases were plywood.

Jgutzy

Thanks for the info Jgutzy. Now that I've gotten this far, COST. May I ask what a new set vinyls cost for a '92 EuroF3? Up to $500, $up to $1000?

Doc

I think I was quoted around $850 for the set of seat skins. In 92 the drivers seat was plywood and mine was all rotted away so Chee set me up with a newer (2000+) style drivers seat (all plastic seat frame) and I think the skin set and drivers seat cost me less than $1200. I've got all the information at home but I'm pretty sure those were the prices I was quoted. My boat is an open bow.

Jim

You should try talking to a local upholstery shop that has experience working with boat vinyl. My brother had a quote last year for a complete replacement, yes that is tare off and replacement of all vinyl and foam for about $1200 for his '87 Mastercraft Prostar 190. I think you may find you can have it done professionally for a little more than skins cost.