Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question about stock RF audio system - '15 23LSV

NCSurfing

Hey guys. Got in the boat today and pulled the RF system so I could see how it was wired and what I needed to do for my WetSounds install. It was all straight forward with one exception...I noticed that only 3 wires left the audio 'pit' to cross to the helm. One was the main RFX connector to the display, the second was from the VIDEO OUT wire on the RFX6000 and the last was a set of RCAs from the AUX IN2 wire of the RFX6000. I can't figure out where this video and RCA pair terminates on the helm side...does it go to the tower for the optional video camera? The only other thing I could think of was the dry box but all that has is a USB port in it...any ideas?

Also, has anyone run cables from the audio pit to the helm side? If so, how easy or hard was it? Looks like I am going to have to run 4 sets of RCAs in order to hookup the WS420...ugh!

Don't know about the video for sure , but on my 14' it went way up top and was a pain to get too.

but as far as running the cables it's super easy,

pull ll your bow cushions and unscrew the 4 or 5 screws that cover the bow MLS tank, and the 4 screws that hold the carpeted walk way MLS tank cover.

from the dead space behind and in the corners you can see where the wires go.

Edited by Stevo

The wires all go to the back of the 7" display; they're zip tied waaaay up above the steering. I figured it out one time last year, but it's possible to play video (via composite - yellow connector) in to the input in the glove box, and have it display on the 12" display. I'm not sure why you would want to do this, but it is possible. Maybe that's the way the Flow-Cam is hooked up: via the glove box. The pre-'15 boats had a bunch of yellow composite video inputs on the blue "brain" box for the Viper I, but the Viper II is different.

The Aux In 2 is the bluetooth feed from the 7" display (windows computer).

I had a ton of line noise in my system until I cleaned up all the wires behind the dash. I'm still not happy with the gain settings for the bluetooth coming from the 7" Viper II windows computer, but I haven't had a free minute to just sit in the boat with a mouse/keyboard to try to "break in" the the computer. If I can figure out how to get in then I'll put a scope on the output and to the gain correctly and post the values I used on TMC.

If you don't have the "media knob" on the dash or aren't using the 7" bluetooth input you can "steal" the Aux In 2 for something else.

The wires all go to the back of the 7" display; they're zip tied waaaay up above the steering. I figured it out one time last year, but it's possible to play video (via composite - yellow connector) in to the input in the glove box, and have it display on the 12" display. I'm not sure why you would want to do this, but it is possible. Maybe that's the way the Flow-Cam is hooked up: via the glove box. The pre-'15 boats had a bunch of yellow composite video inputs on the blue "brain" box for the Viper I, but the Viper II is different.

I had a ton of line noise in my system until I cleaned up all the wires behind the dash. I'm still not happy with the gain settings for the bluetooth coming from the 7" Viper II windows computer, but I haven't had a free minute to just sit in the boat with a mouse/keyboard to try to "break in" the the computer. If I can figure out how to get in then I'll put a scope on the output and to the gain correctly and post the values I used on TMC.

If you don't have the "media knob" on the dash or aren't using the 7" bluetooth input you can "steal" the Aux In 2 for something else.

I had crazy noise in my RF system too. What did you do to "clean up the wires behind the dash?"

Awesome...thanks for this - I feel so much better having everything mapped in my mind. I also noticed an input on the black box (rfx6000) for a 'bluetooth dongle' and I understand there is a module you can add that apparently works a bit better than the viper II. Have you tried this?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/rfxbt

What's the main issue...volume level too low?

Edited by NCSurfing