Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who uses a lift?

NCSurfing

Hey guys...for those of you that use a boat lift, can you share what you have and if you would recommend it? I just purchased a '15 23 LSV and will not be leaving it in the water (as I did with previous boats). With an investment this big, I want to go all-in and invest in a proper lift to keep it dry. Only challenge I have is that I don't park in a boat house rather against a 20' dock and the dock is not fixed thus, I need something that can move with two the dock.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Heh, congrats on the Lsv, I saw that at the lake over the summer and talked to the guy from grandpas and he said it was their demo boat for the year, definitely a beautiful machine. I would def make them replace the back Malibu logo as it was crooked and an eyesore, mind if I ask u privately what they let it go for, if u don't mind send me a message as I have a good buddy looking to buy basically what u did... Also what lake will u be at, I'm in nc as well and maybe will see u out. I have a mxz22

It's all airlifts around us. Hydro hoist is the biggest brand but they are all essentially the same. Blower fills an encapsulated float. It may be an issue in colder climates though. We have had ours for 12 years. Only issue was we replaced a blower once.

Heh, congrats on the Lsv, I saw that at the lake over the summer and talked to the guy from grandpas and he said it was their demo boat for the year, definitely a beautiful machine. I would def make them replace the back Malibu logo as it was crooked and an eyesore, mind if I ask u privately what they let it go for, if u don't mind send me a message as I have a good buddy looking to buy basically what u did... Also what lake will u be at, I'm in nc as well and maybe will see u out. I have a mxz22

Thank you...nice to know you were familiar with the boat and thanks for pointing out the crooked logo! I have OCD and can't believe I didn't pick up on that however, there are a few issues I have noted since getting it home which will require me to take it back to them for correction.

Grandpas was great to work with and I was happy with the deal on the boat. I prefer not to share price details as I don't think this is good for their business and given they are my dealer for warranty work, I want them to continue enjoying business success! I would tell your friend not to expect huge discounts for a boat being a demo, it's still sold as new as far as the bank is concerned thus, he should buy what he wants! In this case, it was the perfect match for me!

I am on Kerr Lake....how about you?

Edited by NCSurfing

Thank you...nice to know you were familiar with the boat and thanks for pointing out the crooked logo! I have OCD and can't believe I didn't pick up on that however, there are a few issues I have noted since getting it home which will require me to take it back to them for correction.

Grandpas was great to work with and I was happy with the deal on the boat. I prefer not to share price details as I don't think this is good for their business and given they are my dealer for warranty work, I want them to continue enjoying business success! I would tell your friend not to expect huge discounts for a boat being a demo, it's still sold as new as far as the bank is concerned thus, he should buy what he wants! In this case, it was the perfect match for me!

I am on Kerr Lake....how about you?

I frequent Jordan lake and from Fayetteville / ft bragg area, specifically hope mills

Had to upgrade from my harbour master 5500# lift when I went to the LSV. Got me a hydraulic lift with remote and love it. No more cranking the wheel.. = win.

Boat Floater

http://boatfloater.com/lifts

Friends, family members have been running these lifts since the 70's. When I needed a lift for my Malibu these were on the top of the list (Classic style). Only type of lift that I will buy. Pulls the boat up and into the slip 2 feet. Rock solid and adds support to the dock in the up position.

Check with Lewis Fields on Lake Gaston, he's a Doozie distributor and will treat you right.

He's the Doozie Owner/designer, haven't bought a lift from him, but I spent a weekend at the Fields house in the spring to ride with Adam. Super nice family and I would not hesitate to do business with them on a lift.

www.boatliftstore.com

He's the Doozie Owner/designer, haven't bought a lift from him, but I spent a weekend at the Fields house in the spring to ride with Adam. Super nice family and I would not hesitate to do business with them on a lift.

That's how we met the Fields, my son used to go stay with them and this past summer worked coaching for Adam.

http://www.itsadoozie.com/frontpage

What lake in NC are you on?

Kerr Lake...has a dam for energy production so level fluctuates quite a bit and Army Corp doesn't allow any fixed docks :(

Edited by NCSurfing

Kerr Lake...has a dam for energy production so level fluctuates quite a bit and Army Corp doesn't allow any fixed docks :(

We're on Kerr too! On the VA side. I'd talk to A&K Dock Service in Clarksville. The guy that owns it is really knowledgeable and installs a lot of the aluminum docks with lifts around the lake.

Assume that has legs to the bottom?

Believe it or not - this lift came with 12 ' leg braces... meaning it can sit in 14' of water and the boat can slip on just fine... and you can still raise it a long way up, since it has a 6-7' vertical. Its huge.

I've been using a Basta Lift (www.bastaboatlifts.com) since 2008 and love it. I have a 6000 lbs aluminum lift. If I were getting a new lift for a 23 LSV, I'd probably step up to the next weight rating (8000lbs), but I'm sure my 6000lbs lift would be fine.

We're on Kerr too! On the VA side. I'd talk to A&K Dock Service in Clarksville. The guy that owns it is really knowledgeable and installs a lot of the aluminum docks with lifts around the lake.

Nice! I'm on the NC down past Steel Creek however, we are always into VA at the sandy island! Thanks for the reference...will definitely call these guys. Can you post a pic of your rig? Will keep an eye out for you this summer.. Edited by NCSurfing