Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan Can Speakers

pawter1970

Need to replace one speaker in one of my Titan cans on my G3 tower. What size is the speaker inside and what kind or where can I order the replacement speaker? not looking for an upgrade, just replacing the stock one.

Thanks crew.

Edited by pawter1970

The speakers should be a "6x9" HLCD; I don't know what brand. Come to think of it, I believe that there were two options: a round 6 1/2 and the 6x9 HLCD. Here's a video of how to assemble/disassemble the speaker so you can pull it and figure out what it is:

There is a full setup for sale in the classifieds:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/classifieds/item/1521-g3-factory-speakers-for-sale-and-amp/

You may want to consider alternate speakers in the cans depending on total number (2 or 4) and the amp driving them; I'm sure you'll get better sound with new components.

They are not

The speakers should be a "6x9" HLCD; I don't know what brand. Come to think of it, I believe that there were two options: a round 6 1/2 and the 6x9 HLCD. Here's a video of how to assemble/disassemble the speaker so you can pull it and figure out what it is:

There is a full setup for sale in the classifieds:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/classifieds/item/1521-g3-factory-speakers-for-sale-and-amp/

You may want to consider alternate speakers in the cans depending on total number (2 or 4) and the amp driving them; I'm sure you'll get better sound with new components.

Those are not HLCD, they are coaxial speakers.