Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for help with the next IXFE boat design...

IXFE

IFXE, your #6 is very clean an classic looking. I'm partial to all black. Take your #6 and make the hull black and hen just have a white swoosh and a white tower.

I thought you said somewhere in here that you were getting tired of the scheme offered, which is making it hard. Can't find it, but if I'm not dreaming, how about making the deck accent match the deck base? A a lttle color to the rear most part, and in a few other places. Disclaimer, I really don't like red. Reuben would work, but not red. I must be Aboring, because I am the polar opposite of Afun.

post-29203-0-47474500-1448286814_thumb.p

Doesn't he have an all white boat? Doesn't really fit with his recommendations for others to get these wild schemes! :dontknow:

No, Afun's boat (aka "the ninja") is black, white, and green flake.

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

Well, maybe he should submit a photo for the calendar so I can remember what it looks like!

I don't know where this thread is.

You guys don't see my point in that the Gel scheme is getting a little old. How about the Wakesetter logo....changing the font was as creative as they could get...com'on.

Here are the changes you requested. We'll call these 6a and 6b.

I think I prefer 6a. The white hull balances the white tower, I think. 60EC2BA7-FD51-4492-8052-257A9B2CF8FA.png90713FF1-F34A-44D5-A827-16D1D2873D16_zps

Com'on...theirs like 5 Crew members that have this color scheme.....No Way

• Like 2

I'm with Afun on this one...

I think they need to change the gel scheme up a little. It seems like the older gel had more options to be unique.

Heck, I wish they would let you do more with the Axis line as well. Although, I have not seen another on like mine online...which is surprising to me.

Edited by bamabonners

I thought you said somewhere in here that you were getting tired of the scheme offered, which is making it hard. Can't find it, but if I'm not dreaming, how about making the deck accent match the deck base? A a lttle color to the rear most part, and in a few other places. Disclaimer, I really don't like red. Reuben would work, but not red. I must be Aboring, because I am the polar opposite of Afun.

Let me tell you that Reuben needs to be explored more...with Platinum and Moonbeam. My favorite Wakesetter color scheme belongs to Denny crew member formally Tims boats. I gotta give it to Tim...he put together a wonderful color scheme. The pic doesn't do it justice....this boats also Meticulously Maintained.

image_zps8oyktrhx.jpg

• Like 2

Let me throw one more out there... I really really like this one. Similar to thtrog's from last year. White can be a great accent color. And it's probably my favorite color for the G4 tower

I actually created this one weeks ago thinking my wife would pick a white Yukon so I needed some white on the boat. Then she decided to get black so I scrapped it.

Whatcha think? Should I consider it anyway?

Let's call this #6

60EC2BA7-FD51-4492-8052-257A9B2CF8FA.png

+1 for this with a white tow vehicle, that will look sweet!

ahopkins22LSV

Lol guys on here complaining about a gel scheme that is 2 years old. I do agree that reuben is a great color. I like Moonbeam on boats more and more now too. Platinum, idk about that. I do like 6a though and resale should be good on it. Can't forget about IXFE's requirement for that.

That looks really good, Eddie. I had forgotten about your 14. I think I need to start playing around with black and Reuben.

I kinda feel bad though... Don't want to copy you too much. Your schemes are just so good. The west coast needs to see them!

• Like 2

There are a finite number of colors and an even smaller # when you start dropping colors like orange, yellow etc.

You are going to have a choice similar to AFUN's point of new gel scheme.

That being said you don't have a choice in that matter. You will have to cross your fingers for a new pattern next year. If you are concerned about a rapid resale then stick to what you know works and tweak it a bit.

There are a finite number of colors and an even smaller # when you start dropping colors like orange, yellow etc.

You are going to have a choice similar to AFUN's point of new gel scheme.

That being said you don't have a choice in that matter. You will have to cross your fingers for a new pattern next year. If you are concerned about a rapid resale then stick to what you know works and tweak it a bit.

Hang on now! There is never a good time to drop metallic orange!