Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for help with the next IXFE boat design...

IXFE

Well, if your goal is to build a boat with resale in mind, it might be worth looking at the colors that are most popular so you can appeal to the masses. Brand doesn't matter in that case, just compare boats in a similar price range.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Today's submission is inspired by one of the hottest VLX's I ever laid eyes on...

DCA8B685-FDD8-48E0-9AE7-007F8A6276F5-435

06B0C95E-31C9-4F22-8AFB-358612622E0F-435

AD101460-380D-4DC9-BD1F-00A627A6E1B1-435

09CAB32E-0A91-4DED-923B-2A4F2EB296EC_zps

BCB820D8-6495-45E1-B7AE-4F7779850B34.png

92664E54-AA59-4665-ADA1-8E4A861C9B28.png

6C7B3C8C-0CC1-434B-BE6A-3C2B2CA1F57E_zps

Hope you and the family had a great turkey day together!

Ok, I will say it...hell yes! That is pure sinister right there. I actually have that same charcoal side panel on my vlx and I love it. Those color schemes you selected go together amazingly well. Nice balance of flake and solid colors...+1 for this design and a nice change up from your previous ride.

Edited by Fman

Tried the M235 Boat Builder ... I hope it looks better in person........ back to the LSV

malibu-red%20silver_zpsqxdt21ov.png

As a general rule, I think a boat with 4 colors of gel coat is a big no-no. Usually looks like a kid with a box of crayons was given free license. But WOW! That is so nice looking. I wish Nautique had boats that nice looking.

I agree. That VLX you had was sweet. I think the Gelcoat Pattern is more exciting on that one than the new.

That's kind of my fear. I'm not convinced the newer gel schemes will set those colors off as well as that VLX.

But the pics do remind me that in person the colors look great together. That's NOT a design I would have come up with using the build-a-boat tool alone.

Don't know if you've ordered yet, but I'd go allllllllllllllll white, with just a touch of that light grey on the interior. Storm Trooper style. Those things look SO sick. :thumbup: NorrisMike's boat is one of my favorites.

I have to agree. I really like those boats. Of course all white with a touch of crystal red metallic isn't too bad either ;)

That scheme looks like Scottbot's boat except his is white in the middle... (see the Key vs Code thread... its in his avatar).

I love the Red and silver above though... good job Gmack

My contribution:

1_zpsng0ryeeq.png

Edited by bamabonners