Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing...

triscadek

Well, Saturday night is finally supposed to dip down in the 20s here and I was just going to place a small ceramic heater in the rear storage area and pull the divider out to the engine. This will be okay for a few nights that are below freezing but eventually I'll need to do it right. I talked to a local mechanic and he said that it's not just the block that needs drained, that something with the v-drive or something needed antifreeze also??? Me and my buddies are still trying to get some of those last few nice days before old man winter hits in full force... ???

Are there any videos you guys recommend I watch if I try to do it myself or should I just pay this guy? He's a good honest guy, I'd just rather save the extra cash and spend it on the kids for Christmas is all.

From the resources section of TMC.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/how-to-winterize-your-boat-r32

Ask if you have questions. There is no reason to pay to have this done if you know the difference between a screw driver and a purse.

Agree completely, just follow that video, drain the water, no need for antifreeze really. If you have a heater there is one extra step. Then you can plug everything back up when it's nice and take boat out. Prob take you 30 min the first time, after you've done it a few times, will take you about 10 min. Preventing freeze damage is quick and easy. Changing all fluids and impeller takes longer.