Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 VTX chine spray

ozresponse2

Hi, Anyone have any experience yet with 2016 VTX chine spray. I currently have a 2013 TXI and have been very disappointed with the amount of chine spray it produces for a barefooter on the boom and its lack of top speed. I tested the 2015 VTX and it looked fine, but photos of the 2016 and the description of the hull now being based on the Txi gives me great concern, as I'm ready to drop a deposit on it. Are there any wake hulls out there yet? This may suit me better to avoid spray, even though I slalom a lot. Thanks Stewie

Do you have a boom extension or 2 added? I have a '12 TXI with one extension and don't have a problem. Is the boat leaning excessively on the boom side?

Do you have a boom extension or 2 added? I have a '12 TXI with one extension and don't have a problem. Is the boat leaning excessively on the boom side?

Yes I run 2 boom extensions and ballast on port side to offset boom as a lever. Also using a 5' extension. This does get me clear of spray but the top speed is an issue too as I only have the 350 in it.

VTX is not offered on a wake hull as it is the 3 sport approved V drive.

I think the chine spray has increased in all the boats. Wait until you see the M235 video.... Not a ski boat, but the spray is huge

My dealer has said it is available in a wake hull......????

We just got a VTX in, and wake hull wasn't available as an option. The owner really didn't want a diamond hull, but the VTX was the only Malibu approved for his lake because of length restrictions.

Edited by wakebrdr94

Buy my very well taken care of (loaded) 2014 VTX diamond hull and don't worry about it. On the classified list. I can hit mid-upper 40s easily with 1273 prop and still surf no problem.

Have you tried a different prop for your TXI? unless you are at altitude a 350 should be able to give you mid 40's while barefooting.

Tried a few props. Currently get 42-43 MPH at wot with 200lb footer out back