Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Torn Heater Hose repair?

jmmcnaul

Hi all,

We were winterizing our boat over the weekend and just noticed that the heater blower hose was torn near the blower. Is there an easy way to repair that? A coupling or something that can be added inline? Or do we need to replace the entire hose segment?

I believe it is the standard 3" heater hose. It is on a 2000 Malibu Escape LSV!

Thanks!

-James

heater vent hose is about like Scotch tape. It cost way more to drive to the store to buy it than the price to purchase it. Yes you can patch it, but think about it, it's a piece of 15 year old plastic with a wire coil. Probably under $1.00 a foot. But electrical tape would work.

Not meaning to come off negative. Guess I'm just cranky with all the World affairs n stuff.

Edited by grandude
  • Like 2

James -

Welcome to the crew!

I have to agree with grandude here. I bought a whole box of hose last spring to change the vent/blower hoses in my boat. I think the 50' box was $35 or so.

If you check your vent hoses, you will probably find that they are cracked and brittle also. If so, change them so you have a safe ventilation system. You'll have plenty left to change the heater hose also.

Thanks guys!

I am not worrying about the cost, just trying to figure out the ability to replace the hose vs. fix it. I will look at the transfer again and see how easy/hard it is. I guess I was worried about the install of a new hose from the blower to the exchange?

We just bought the boat maybe 3 weekends ago, and it is our first new-to-us-malibu (also first boat that we personally own). We are super excited and I know this is a very little issue, just one that I am trying to understand now that I am sure it will happen in our years to come.

Any input is welcome! And thanks to the replies already!

Thanks,

James

P.S. I promise pictures to the crew when we get all the maintenance done before the Washington season. We are the third owners and we want to do some upholstery fixes and general maintenance, we got an amazing deal but doesn't mean we don't want to be super proud. ;)

I have a 6 outlet heater system I installed. one of the tubes is in a place that gets banged around and will soon get a tear I'm sure. I plan to encase the flimsy hose with 3" corrugated plastic hose that's normally used for RV drains. those won't ever get damaged.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/camco-standard-sewer-hose-20-ft/20466