Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Listing - Time for an upgrade.

5inthesun

I am going to try and upgrade for next summer. In order to do that I need to sell my 05. I think it's priced right, but I have not received any more than 1 call. Is it just the time of year? I'm in no hurry to sell but would like a new boat if possible soon. I am looking for some feedback on my posting on Craigslist! Should I also list it elsewhere. Those of you who have bought and sold allot - looking for advice.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/5280578939.html

Thanks

My only advice is to post pictures of the inside. Close-ups of everything, a few low res photos from a mile away don't show condition.

Agreed. Picky buyers want to see good pictures of a clean interior and if your boat is that clean a picky buyer will snatch it up because really clean boats in that year range are hard to find. I think you are on the money as far as price.

I sold my last boat a few years ago on New Years Day.

Boat Trader has an option to run the add until it sells. You will pick up a larger regional audience for some serious buyers.

Good luck. What will you be looking for after she sells?

I am going to try and upgrade for next summer. In order to do that I need to sell my 05. I think it's priced right, but I have not received any more than 1 call. Is it just the time of year? I'm in no hurry to sell but would like a new boat if possible soon. I am looking for some feedback on my posting on Craigslist! Should I also list it elsewhere. Those of you who have bought and sold allot - looking for advice.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/5280578939.html

Thanks

Thats a great buy! Someone will be happy.

Some good advice above, especially with regard to the pictures. Replace the friends & family pics with detailed pics of the boat on the trailer, including plenty of interior pics. Remember, the potential buyer could be hundreds, or even thousands, of miles away - include pictures that will answer as many questions as possible about the condition of your boat.

Agreed with most of everything said.

Really nice pictures of everything. I also would take the time to not only list everything about the boat/ options (you may have already), but answer any question that you would have when looking at a boat to save you the time.

Pictures of it cleaned up and not from your weekends out always seem to help. At least for me personally, I'm not interested in seeing how much fun the last owner had on the boat.

eBay is also a good place to list.

"As you can see from the photo it throws out a surf wave that would rival any boat out there. "

^^^ Did you forget to post this picture? All I see is one pic with a really small wake with a guy hanging on to a rope and another one with someone almost surfing on the platform.

Agree with others... empty the boat, detail it (or not... sounds like it might not even need it) and then take pics of everything.

• Like 3

cool all good advice. Shaggy Dawg nice to see how someone just comes on here for advice and somebody has to just be rude for no apparent reason. Anyway I will replace the fam pic's and put up more interior pics. I will see if I can find another picture of a surf wake that isn't so unimpresive. It really was a good wake maybe not a good picture. Thanks to all.

seriously I meant no offense. You said your wave rivals any out there and then posted two pics of people surfing with the rope (and tension on the rope to boot). I'm just saying that you must have a pic of the wave that better represents what your boat can produce than those two. If you don't, just omit the wave pics and focus on better interior and exterior shots.

• Like 3

Like mentioned above, if I were buying a boat I want to see what the boat looks like now, not pictures from multiple weekends. Actually if all I saw were weekend pictures I would think the seller is trying to hide something. Someone that is going to spend that much $$ knows Malibu and knows about how much fun you can have on the boat....but I would think they would really want to know what condition the boat looks like.

you can start a "public" photobucket folder with more detailed pictures and share a link to it....but make sure the rest of your photos you don't want the world to see are private. In selling trucks and dirt bikes, I've always taken a short 1-2 minute video showing the ins and outs of the vehicle's, and talking about each item. Detailed pictures and videos go a long ways. Can't you add a few more pictures to the CL ad?...I'd max out the # of pictures.

And don't take offense to the comments, you asked for help, were all giving you honest opinions and suggestions to help you sell it.

Edited by Joeprunc

seriously I meant no offense. You said your wave rivals any out there and then posted two pics of people surfing with the rope (and tension on the rope to boot). I'm just saying that you must have a pic of the wave that better represents what your boat can produce than those two. If you don't, just omit the wave pics and focus on better interior and exterior shots.

Yeah you weren't being a smart A at all. No worries I am a big boy.

Like mentioned above, if I were buying a boat I want to see what the boat looks like now, not pictures from multiple weekends. Actually if all I saw were weekend pictures I would think the seller is trying to hide something. Someone that is going to spend that much $$ knows Malibu and knows about how much fun you can have on the boat....but I would think they would really want to know what condition the boat looks like.

you can start a "public" photobucket folder with more detailed pictures and share a link to it....but make sure the rest of your photos you don't want the world to see are private. In selling trucks and dirt bikes, I've always taken a short 1-2 minute video showing the ins and outs of the vehicle's, and talking about each item. Detailed pictures and videos go a long ways. Can't you add a few more pictures to the CL ad?...I'd max out the # of pictures.

And don't take offense to the comments, you asked for help, were all giving you honest opinions and suggestions to help you sell it.

cool good feeback. They were honestly just pic's I had on my phone when listed. I appreciate the feedback and will definitely make some adjustments. First up more interior pic's delete the fam pic's and put up a different wave pic. Thanks!

Shaggy Dawg nice to see how someone just comes on here for advice and somebody has to just be rude for no apparent reason.

I was thinking the exact same thing Shawn posted - I'd say those surfing pics would hurt resale more than help as they are pretty bad. Maybe it is a good wake, but those pics show the opposite.

When I'm buying something, I appreciate:

- Detailed pics and plenty of them

- Pics of any flaws

- Listing of EVERY option (and hate it when people list things that are standard - why list something all of them have?)

- Detailed listing of any modification

When I sold my Crownline bowrider, I buffed the hull, yours looks good as is, took about 30 pics showing all the interior, engine, out drive also took some shots to show the reflection of the hull. My dealer bought my Crownline based off my pics. Upshot is lots of pics that emphasize how clean your boat is.

You may consider listing on boat trader in addition to only inboards and ski it again. You'll reach a pretty wide audience doing that. Otherwise, I pretty much agree with all else. I think most people looking for something like your boat already have a concept of what if can do. It may be wise to refrain from comments regarding wake characteristics when you list on the other sites. Let potential buyers ask you what you do to get the best wake you can.

I dont have much to add except that when i was looking, id get turned off when an ad sounded like a manufacturer brochure. I preferred simply the facts and options listed. Lots of pics, close up pics as well showing defects like busted thread, vinyl cracks, scratches. This way i could tell right off if i would be pissed to drive hundreds of miles to see this boat. If i really liked the pics, then test drive and payment was around the corner. I did not catch if you gave details about the trailer, but make sure its fresh serviced and tires are good for a. Couple of years. I had one guy try to sell me one with 2001 years tires on it last year knowing i had a 200 mile trip ahead of me. Would not offer to replace.