Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds WS-420 - who has one?

NCSurfing

Hey guys...just purchased a '15 23 LSV and am very excited - will post pics as soon as I have them. That said, having a Wet Sounds system in my old boat left me feeling very underwhelmed when I listened to the RF system. First upgrade will be WS-420 as I definitely need to control the tower independent of the in-boats. Thus, I wanted to ask where you guys mounted yours? I don't like the look of aftermarket add-ons so any pictures you may have to help me determine the cleanest place to put it while still being easily accessible will be appreciated!

I haven't mounted mine yet, but I am putting it in the dry box. A friend of mine had it installed there and it fit nicely. He had the mic & cord routed through the open slot next to the dry box and it worked perfectly.

Gotcha...pardon the ignorance however, I should have asked this the first time - what is the dry box?

Gotcha...pardon the ignorance however, I should have asked this the first time - what is the dry box?

Is there something to mount to underneath without getting into the dash wrap?

Is there something to mount to underneath without getting into the dash wrap? Would love to see a pic if you have one!

Is there something to mount to underneath without getting into the dash wrap? Would love to see a pic if you have one!

It is the black box the has a cover underneath the throttle. I think there is also a USB port inside of it. It is completely water tight, but I rarely put anything in there.

Guys - check out this solution! For those of you that mentioned you were using the black box, I had this idea so thank you. I measured the outside dimension of the box and asked my installer to rout a piece of 1/4" abs plastic to size and then use a dash mount kit to set the WS-420. Now all I have to do is take the box out and put this in its place. Nice and clean!!!!

This was done by Pro Installz Mobile & Marine - https://www.facebook.com/Proinstallzmobilemarine/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc. The owner John is a good friend and top notch fabricator/installer/person!

post-31175-0-17203700-1448332891_thumb.j

Edited by NCSurfing