Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 in line fuel filter alternatives

just wondering if anyone is Australia has had luck either sourcing the WIX 33048 locally or has an alternative (maybe a ryco?) part number that can be sourced locally?

The wix is cheap but once postage is factored in it ends up being over $30USD for 1 filter.

parts no.s ive tried at my locally shop

wix 33048
duralast ff1104DL
Fram CG3388
ac delo gf441

actual dealership is not interested in posting to me & are making it hard so If there was an alternative that i could find at a parts supplier thatd be handy

Smoke, I've had quite a few items successfully posted to me from the Victorian dealer, Regal Marine. Have you tried their service department?

I think I've tried to find a Ryco equivalent but no luck. I've since replaced the in-line with a water separating filter anyway...

IMG_3543_zpscyhjoyho.jpg

IMG_3540_zpseya8flb3.jpg

IMG_3535_zpsesavchba.jpg

IMG_3534_zpstxxkgiuk.jpg

Edited by GreenMan

Smoke, I have a 06 Vride which had a WIX 33299. It has 1/2" inlet & outletwhich I think woulod be the same as what you have. I found that a Fleetguard FF5621 is exactly the same. (its actually the wix filter with a fleetguard sticker on it). I think one of these would also fit.

If you want to keep the same element type filter that you have try a Fleetguard FF181 or Baldwin PF894, but they also appear to be hard to find locally.

cheers guys, from what I've been reading it would seem the 07 differs from the 06 in the fact malibu went in tank with the filter. (33048 for the 07, vs the 33299 for the 06) . Greenman, that setup of yours looks the goods, Ideally I would like a seperator like yours, but when I look back on posts through the forum, it's recommended against doing so (or not possible)

Hi, Smoke.

Yes, I've seen some info suggesting that the water separating filter shouldn't or couldn't be used. I have no idea why unless it's in reference to systems with in-tank HP pumps that could over-pressure the filter unit. For systems like mine where the filter is in the suction line from the tank upstream of the HP pump I can see no reason not to install it. Mine works perfectly...