Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Clay On Gelcoat

When Fijirob was my neighbor he introduced me to clay on clearcoat. It worked great... And thought I would try it on some rough spots and waterspots on the gelcoat. It cleaned all the waterspots off and smothed out the rough ones. Have you guys try this and have you seen any long term effects on the gelcoat?

Glad to hear it worked for you... but why did you wait so long? What you don't trust me? Crazy.gif

I used it a few times per year on my old Calabria and suffered no affects in the 5 years and that baby looked like it was just built after being 6 years old. I haven't used it on the new Malibu yet because it seems to be staying really clean in the garage. Biggrin.gif

Now try the Zymol Marina wax. You will not be sorry.

Magic clay is awesome!!! I've used it before to get out rub marks from the docks, works great..

Only thing you need to do is re-wax after you use the stuff because it strips off all your chemicals and makes it very easy to get new water spots etc..

I've bought it at Autozone before, but I asked for it one time and they thought I was from outer space requesting "magic clay"??? Not sure what the different colors mean either??/ I have blue and a white currently

The blue seems to work better..

The clay is a light abrasive cleaner...You can rub through your color'd gel coats if you're not careful..

Use the lube it comes with,when your mark or water spot comes off, stop rubbing...