Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back to a Malibu....

Tags

So after starting with a Malibu then jumping to a Mastercraft, then to ocean going cruisers, we are now back in a Malibu.

We purchased a 2005 Malibu iRide a couple of months ago. The boat was purchased from Skiers Pier in Waterford MI and unfortunately was without a doubt the worst purchasing experience of my life. Buying a boat out of state is difficult and always risky but when buying through a dealer one hopes that they will be honest and respectful in the same manner as if the boat was being purchased in person. The blatant dishonesty was astonishing. I could go on for hours but the point of my post is to try and salvage what's left of what should have been an exciting, happy experience.

Anyway......that stuff aside.....

We are excited to get back into skiing. Its been about 5 years since our last ski boat and with the move to sunny California hopefully it means plenty of time on the water.

Some photos below (if i can figure out how to post them)

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3873%202.jpg

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Welcome and nice looking boat!

Sorry to hear about your experience with SP. They are my local dealer. Should have jumped on the boards sooner and some people in the area probably could have helped out with going to see the boat ect.

I'm in Michigan and have gone to Skier's Pier for parts before... :Frustrated: I can only imagine how they treated you buying a boat from them. Hopefully it's a great boat a treats you well! Congrats.

Congrats looks like a beautiful place to ski! Sorry to hear about the pier, bought my first boat from them then my sales guy retired and everything when to hell in a handbasket. I switched dealers for my second BU. Now that sales guy moved on as well. Hope service doesn't fall by the waste side on this One!! good luck and enjoy!

When Ron and Marry left I knew it was not going to be good for Skier's Pier. I bought my boat from Ron and it was a very good experience.

He was the only reason I gave the pier my business. I was thinking he would pop up with another dealer some place. Guess not. With Ron you were a friend then a customer.

• Like 3

I live in Las Vagas and bought a brand new 2010 Malibu 247 from Skiers Pier in July of 2010 which they shipped to me. Skiers Pier acted very appropriately, even sharing the profits with my local dealer who did not have a 247. Also, I just traded in the boat with 403 hours and no problems for five years. I would by from Skiers Pier again.

Edited by bbattiste247

When Ron and Marry left I knew it was not going to be good for Skier's Pier. I bought my boat from Ron and it was a very good experience.

He was the only reason I gave the pier my business. I was thinking he would pop up with another dealer some place. Guess not. With Ron you were a friend then a customer.

THIS

Nice bu! I think I was in that boat when I was shopping at Skiers Pier! When I was shopping there for an older used bu, the new guy (I believe) at SP literally cut it to me that he didn't have time for me to answer my questions about his older inventory since he was so busy selling and servicing 6 figure boats. He told me 'they all run great' and walked off to help someone else shopping for a '15. I believed him too with the amount of brand new Malibus I saw pull through there just while I was there. Unfortunately it made me move on and shop at Tommy's in Walloon Lake (4 hours from me) where I was treated great and given attention for even buying a '98. The rough part of buying a boat is behind you, so now you can enjoy the boat!

Thanks for the welcome!

The photo is from a trip we took to Lake Tahoe. Awesome spot!

Anyone on the forum from the SF Bay Area, Tri-Valley region? Being new to the area the 'ski crew' is pretty light on.

Thanks for the welcome!

The photo is from a trip we took to Lake Tahoe. Awesome spot!

Anyone on the forum from the SF Bay Area, Tri-Valley region? Being new to the area the 'ski crew' is pretty light on.

Ha I was going to say it looked like Tahoe, except that that pic is definitely a couple weeks old at least. There'd be snow in the pic now.

Sounds like the boat is running good. Please give us a clue as to what was bad about the experience. May help others in the future.

Thanks,

Steve B.

Its an going matter so i don't want to publicly air the details. I'll make sure to update everyone with what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Understood. Hope they make it right.

Steve B.

Just as an FYI - they didn't make it right. It is now with our attorney. I wouldn't recommend that anyone deal with them.