Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blow outs prices on new malibus?

mbianchini

Ok, I'm at 700', and about to bite the bullet on a lsv with a 350. From what I've been told, the 350 is fine, are yall seeing different?

Depends on how you plan to use the boat. Wanna go way heavy over OEM ballast? Likely not.

Ok, I'm at 700', and about to bite the bullet on a lsv with a 350. From what I've been told, the 350 is fine, are yall seeing different?

I ran a LSV and VLX most of the fall with the 350, 2315 prop 2300# over stock and wedge, not only will it get to 12.5 it will get to 23.5. You've got to be realistic and drop some ballast when adding several people, but your're still running the same total weight. I'm at 700 feet also, try it yourself and go for it!

Edit: I also ran a 350/22 MXZ with the same results and an Axis A22, the A22 was fine with a 1235 prop and new '15 tranny. I have sacs and 2315 prop if anyone near me wants to demo one.

Edited by thtrog
  • Like 3

Boat prices seem to always be cheaper in CA.

Low water levels and crushing taxes drive down demand.... Harder to sell, smaller market.

For sure! I found my used boat in CA this past spring, for much less than I could find in MI.

For sure! I found my used boat in CA this past spring, for much less than I could find in MI.

Is she holding up OK? You can't believe how much pressure I felt vouching for the boat after I looked at it.

Don't take that the wrong way :lol: It looked like a great boat.

My dealer is right there on price, even on 16's. I'm perfectly fine with 350 b/c I'm not going to load it and I'm a little concerned with the Raptor being louder.

My dealer is right there on price, even on 16's. I'm perfectly fine with 350 b/c I'm not going to load it and I'm a little concerned with the Raptor being louder.

Where are you located that you're seeing these prices on 16s?

I'm still hearing low to mid-90s on 2015s in the Midwest.

Edited by RedOwl
  • 2 weeks later...

Wife just gave the ok to stop and "look" at the LSV's on the drive home from SoCal.

You're in SoCal?? So are we!!

Headed back to the abiss otherwise known as Oregon tomorrow morning.

This pic taken 5 mins ago. My boys playing catch on the beach with sun setting behind Catalina.

926D694A-7F71-4D09-9359-B664A0C27221_zps

• Like 1

I bet it will get to 12.5 with some bow weight. At least at sea level or close. I know stevo runs the 350 and I don't believe he has hit the wall yet. Plenty of them out there that are doing what they are supposed to.

Make it happen Rich, the 350 can do it. We ran around 11.6 back in sept.

Above 12 I feel it gets to flat. It can take more weight, still want to pick up some lead. And a 2419

D720B4D9-8819-4550-AEBE-F1D5F7E07FB6_zps

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3

They were closed! I sent and email yesterday and and phone call this morning and got no response so I wasn't surprised. We decided it wasn't that far out of our way so we drove by anyways. They still have a few bu's on the showroom floor and I stared at them through the window until my wife told me she couldn't look at the mastercrafts anymore and we had to go.

They were closed! I sent and email yesterday and and phone call this morning and got no response so I wasn't surprised. We decided it wasn't that far out of our way so we drove by anyways. They still have a few bu's on the showroom floor and I stared at them through the window until my wife told me she couldn't look at the mastercrafts anymore and we had to go.

Did you see any of the blowout LSV's? I'm kinda curious if they still have them.

I counted 4 lsv's and one more in the back row that could have been an lsv or a mxz. That was just what was inside. I guess there could have been more around back.