Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blow outs prices on new malibus?

mbianchini

Wow I am living in the way long ago dark ages - never thought I would see the day a ski boat goes for $70k ++ - and especially be considered a blow out deal.

• Like 1

I assume the same, but didn't see pics or specs to confirm engine size.

They have to be 350's, right???

there are more pics and stuff if you go to their "main" website and click through the inventory photos. All of the descriptions say 350s except for the two 24 MXZs which have LS3s.

For the past 2 years there have been some VLX's listed for $68-69k for sale at the end of season from dealers that would not be selling Malibu any longer. I think it was Northpoint last year?

I can tell you a local dealer in Louisiana had 2 LSV's fairly well optioned with 350's.

One for 81k and another for 79k. Only real difference was metal flake.

The White one with black tower is super clean, BTW.

Edited by DatTexasBoy
ahopkins22LSV

Looks like their LSV prices are a $12K drop from their OnlyInboards listings for the same boats.

Like RedOwl, I kinda wish the 350 with PW2 would be enough to get by - perhaps it is at sea level...?

I surf a 14 23 lsv with the 350 and the 2315 prop. It gets to 10.8mph with 5-7 people in the boat plus wedge two clicks up and 750's PNP. We don't run an extra bow bag. This is in White Lake, MI. No idea what our elevation is. Just sayin :whistle:

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2

I surf a 14 23 lsv with the 350 and the 2315 prop. It gets to 10.8mph with 5-7 people in the boat plus wedge two clicks up and 750's PNP. We don't run an extra bow bag. This is in White Lake, MI. No idea what our elevation is. Just sayin :whistle:

but will it get to 12.5 weighted like that? 10.8 = super short pocket.

I bet it will get to 12.5 with some bow weight. At least at sea level or close. I know stevo runs the 350 and I don't believe he has hit the wall yet. Plenty of them out there that are doing what they are supposed to.