Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
mbianchini

Blow outs prices on new malibus?

mbianchini

Not involved any way with this dealer, just thought I would share

Rednucleus

Wow I am living in the way long ago dark ages - never thought I would see the day a ski boat goes for $70k ++ - and especially be considered a blow out deal.

NWBU

Did they lose their Malibu dealership franchise? Their website just talks about Mastercraft now.

TallRedRider

Whoa!!!!

Cipro

those are stupid good prices...im planning on selling my 2014 23 for 85...more options ...but not new and he is selling for 77...either fired malibu or malibu fired him...

DarkSide

That is crazy pricing, well below used market

Pnwrider

I swear this forum is gonna give me a divorce.

shawndoggy

too bad all those lsvs are 350s. Prices are ridiculous!

IXFE

too bad all those lsvs are 350s. Prices are ridiculous!

I assume the same, but didn't see pics or specs to confirm engine size.

They have to be 350's, right???

nyryan2001

Boat prices seem to always be cheaper in CA.

Low water levels and crushing taxes drive down demand.... Harder to sell, smaller market.

shawndoggy

I assume the same, but didn't see pics or specs to confirm engine size.

They have to be 350's, right???

there are more pics and stuff if you go to their "main" website and click through the inventory photos. All of the descriptions say 350s except for the two 24 MXZs which have LS3s.

surfdude

Must be close to dealer cost!

SURFNUT

I don't recall ever seeing pricing like this. Something has got to be going on at that dealership. That pricing is too good to be true.

jwl019

For the past 2 years there have been some VLX's listed for $68-69k for sale at the end of season from dealers that would not be selling Malibu any longer. I think it was Northpoint last year?

RedOwl

Wow!

Those are Axis prices.

Quick, someone convince that little voice in my head that the 350 is good enough for an LSV... (kidding...sort of...)

wakebrdr94

Did they lose their Malibu dealership franchise? Their website just talks about Mastercraft now.

They are no longer a Malibu dealer. They are now a Mastercraft dealer

NWBU

Looks like their LSV prices are a $12K drop from their OnlyInboards listings for the same boats.

Like RedOwl, I kinda wish the 350 with PW2 would be enough to get by - perhaps it is at sea level...?

DatTexasBoy

I can tell you a local dealer in Louisiana had 2 LSV's fairly well optioned with 350's.

One for 81k and another for 79k. Only real difference was metal flake.

The White one with black tower is super clean, BTW.

Edited by DatTexasBoy

ahopkinsVTX

Looks like their LSV prices are a $12K drop from their OnlyInboards listings for the same boats.

Like RedOwl, I kinda wish the 350 with PW2 would be enough to get by - perhaps it is at sea level...?

I surf a 14 23 lsv with the 350 and the 2315 prop. It gets to 10.8mph with 5-7 people in the boat plus wedge two clicks up and 750's PNP. We don't run an extra bow bag. This is in White Lake, MI. No idea what our elevation is. Just sayin :whistle:

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

shawndoggy

I surf a 14 23 lsv with the 350 and the 2315 prop. It gets to 10.8mph with 5-7 people in the boat plus wedge two clicks up and 750's PNP. We don't run an extra bow bag. This is in White Lake, MI. No idea what our elevation is. Just sayin :whistle:

but will it get to 12.5 weighted like that? 10.8 = super short pocket.

ahopkinsVTX

Idk to be honest. The pocket doesn't seem that short to me. But you guys surf a lot more than I do

isellacuras

I bet it will get to 12.5 with some bow weight. At least at sea level or close. I know stevo runs the 350 and I don't believe he has hit the wall yet. Plenty of them out there that are doing what they are supposed to.

Cmb396

Ok, I'm at 700', and about to bite the bullet on a lsv with a 350. From what I've been told, the 350 is fine, are yall seeing different?

ahopkinsVTX

Well, according to Strava, the roads around our house and our lake are about 1000ft above sea level just fyi.