Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mildew Attacks the Ninja!

I've tried Roll Off, 3M Mildew Remover, Totally Awesome, and a lil bit of Magic Eraser. Plenty has come off, but this is left. Don't know what that purple ring is. I also have no Sun Shining at the current moment. Will it baking in the sun make it go away?

image_zpsxcltx9hx.jpeg

I'm gonna say that's a bird poop stain. Brutal to get out of anything. I would try 50% bleach on that small spot, careful not to get into the seams, and then rinse profusely.

I have a secret concoction you should try. Use Mcguire scratch x 2.0 mixed with a little spray and wash carpet cleaner. I had a stain in my rear seat on swim deck that would not come out and this did the trick. Basically mist a little wash on seat, then take the scratch x on a Terry cloth towel and begin to rub in to stain. Wipe clean with a clean towel, repeat this process until it lifts or stop if no progress is made. It did not do any damage to my vinyl, you can't even tell where I used this mix. Follow with babe's seat saver or any seat conditioning wipe.

Dislaimer: Fman is not responsible for any damage that could occur doing this. It is a use at own risk method.

Edited by Fman
  • Like 3

The Mastercraft owner's manual gives a recipe for removing many common stains. The stuff for mildew or wet leaf stains is 1 tablespoon ammonia, 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide, 3/4 cup water. The manual also says bleach will rot the thread. I have heard this plenty, but never from a manufacturer until now. Be aware that any abrasive such as magic eraser, soft scrub, etc, will wear away the thread faster than you might think. I have also heard there is a clear coat on the better vinyl to block UV and abrasives can take this clear coat right off, leaving a different sheen than the rest of the vinyl. For general cleaning of the vinyl, MC likes Dawn dish soap. Their "don't use" list is long and includes lots of stuff I have used over the years

Fantastic

Simple Green

Armorall

Top Kote sealant

Son of a Gun

Orange 88 degreaser

...and it goes on.........

I bought a boat once with lots of stains and mildew on the vinyl. Since I knew it would all have to be replaced anyway, I went at it with a 3M scratch pad and Soft Scrub with bleach. It took an entire day, but that vinyl came out almost as good as new. I did learn a lesson about not using abrasives on the thread. I noticed the thread getting a bit fuzzy and learned to ease up on the pressure around the seams. Ok, now take some deep breaths until your heart rate returns to normal.

The Mastercraft owner's manual gives a recipe for removing many common stains. The stuff for mildew or wet leaf stains is 1 tablespoon ammonia, 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide, 3/4 cup water. The manual also says bleach will rot the thread. I have heard this plenty, but never from a manufacturer until now. Be aware that any abrasive such as magic eraser, soft scrub, etc, will wear away the thread faster than you might think. I have also heard there is a clear coat on the better vinyl to block UV and abrasives can take this clear coat right off, leaving a different sheen than the rest of the vinyl. For general cleaning of the vinyl, MC likes Dawn dish soap. Their "don't use" list is long and includes lots of stuff I have used over the years

Fantastic

Simple Green

Armorall

Top Kote sealant

Son of a Gun

Orange 88 degreaser

...and it goes on.........

I bought a boat once with lots of stains and mildew on the vinyl. Since I knew it would all have to be replaced anyway, I went at it with a 3M scratch pad and Soft Scrub with bleach. It took an entire day, but that vinyl came out almost as good as new. I did learn a lesson about not using abrasives on the thread. I noticed the thread getting a bit fuzzy and learned to ease up on the pressure around the seams. Ok, now take some deep breaths until your heart rate returns to normal.

Armor-all? Is this true?

I have a secret concoction you should try. Use Mcguire scratch x 2.0 mixed with a little spray and wash carpet cleaner. I had a stain in my rear seat on swim deck that would not come out and this did the trick. Basically mist a little wash on seat, then take the scratch x on a Terry cloth towel and begin to rub in to stain. Wipe clean with a clean towel, repeat this process until it lifts or stop if no progress is made. It did not do any damage to my vinyl, you can't even tell where I used this mix. Follow with babe's seat saver or any seat conditioning wipe.

Dislaimer: Fman is not responsible for any damage that could occur doing this. It is a use at own risk method.

I used 3M scratch remover and resolve ....didn't work.

This Malibu vinyl is so sensitive. My boat is parked indoors and does get wiped down. With no cover on it.

I used 3M scratch remover and resolve ....didn't work.

This Malibu vinyl is so sensitive. My boat is parked indoors and does get wiped down. With no cover on it.

after a two family trip I had god knows what black stains all over my interior. like dye was bleeding from shorts or or something. used a bunch of products, vinyl cleaners, brush, etc to get it off. Nothing, was sick to my stomach. took to my dealer to see if they had any "professional" stuff to try. when I came back next day to check on progress...amazing! almost every bit was gone. I asked what they did and they said they'll try to get to it today. huh? it sat uncovered in their parking lot on a hot clear sunny day and that did the trick. hope that helps.

• Like 2

I'll be trying the Mastercraft recipe on some pontoon vinyl this weekend. I will let you know how well it works.

TXBu......true according to Mastercraft. I have heard it before, but I hear all kinds of stuff.

Yeah I'm waiting for the sun to shine. I used the magic eraser softly, the actual chemical the eraser leaves I scrubbed with a brush. I have a feeling the sun will take this away.

Yeah I'm waiting for the sun to shine. I used the magic eraser softly, the actual chemical the eraser leaves I scrubbed with a brush. I have a feeling the sun will take this away.

Hey Afun

Send the whole thing over here for the season will take good care of it and return at start of your season guaranteed no mould or stain plenty of sunshine for a least 6 months.

Hey Afun

Send the whole thing over here for the season will take good care of it and return at start of your season guaranteed no mould or stain plenty of sunshine for a least 6 months.

I come with it! Actually the sun peaked out a little and helped it a great deal. Looking forward to it baking in the sun. Should go away