Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeMakers Wave Control

Chappy

Hello All,

It has been quite a few years since my last visit so I hope you are all doing well.

I did a search for this topic before posting and found nothing so forgive me if this product has already been discussed.

http://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol

Has anyone installed this, seen it or rode the wave yet?

If so, how was the install?

And, how was the wave?

I am sure many of you are in the same boat as me. I would love to have Surf Gate but I am not dropping $100+K on a new Malibu. I would love to add this to my 2008 VLX.

Sound off.

Thanks,

HDChappy

Hello All,

It has been quite a few years since my last visit so I hope you are all doing well.

I did a search for this topic before posting and found nothing so forgive me if this product has already been discussed.

And, how was the wave?

I am sure many of you are in the same boat as me. I would love to have Surf Gate but I am not dropping $100+K on a new Malibu. I would love to add this to my 2008 VLX.

Sound off.

Thanks,

HDChappy

From what I've read on the Mastercraft forum everyone is pretty darn happy with it. A family member of mine has put them on their 2010 Malibu 247 and has not been too happy. From delays on shipping to sending the wrong parts it hasn't been the best experience. They use local dealers in your area to install or you can take on the endeavor yourself. They had a local dealer install it and it has taken very long and still isn't completely finished. We won't be able to really test it until next season. We're all hoping it ends up working correctly in the end but so far it's been a sub par experience and hard to recommend.

(It was called GoSurfAssist) before wakemakers swooped it up.

From what I've read on the Mastercraft forum everyone is pretty darn happy with it. A family member of mine has put them on their 2010 Malibu 247 and has not been too happy. From delays on shipping to sending the wrong parts it hasn't been the best experience. They use local dealers in your area to install or you can take on the endeavor yourself. They had a local dealer install it and it has taken very long and still isn't completely finished. We won't be able to really test it until next season. We're all hoping it ends up working correctly in the end but so far it's been a sub par experience and hard to recommend.

(It was called GoSurfAssist) before wakemakers swooped it up.

(It was called GoSurfAssist) before wakemakers swooped it up. It is still gosurfassist, with wakemakers controller... From my understanding, wakemakers has the exclusive rights to sell to end user uninstalled, while gosurffassist sells the system only if they install it. It is the same price either way.

Hello All,

And, how was the wave?

Sound off.

Thanks,

HDChappy

DealJB does have this installed on his LSV and after talking to him, i am going to install in March... if you have not pulled the trigger by then im me and I will provide my review... and yes... I will be surfing in March

:yahoo:

(It was called GoSurfAssist) before wakemakers swooped it up. It is still gosurfassist, with wakemakers controller... From my understanding, wakemakers has the exclusive rights to sell to end user uninstalled, while gosurffassist sells the system only if they install it. It is the same price either way.

You're correct, although wakemakers will point you to the closest dealer to you that can install. But Not to mention that getting everything shipped to you from wakemakers takes forever even if you reach out to the man at gosurfassist.

Are people really paying $4,000 for these things? Seems a bit excessive.

I imagine over the next couple seasons it will have to decrease in price dramatically as there will be a lot more used boats on the market with factory surf systems.

I really like the wave I got out of my DIY gate this season. I have to rebuild it out of better materials this winter.

But I have spent a ton of time testing and tinkering with it, steering sucks and we cant do transfers. With the cost of a new boat even at 4K I have been tempted to say screw the DIY gate and just buy it. I could never pull the trigger without seeing it working on my exact boat though.

From what I've read they're not fully in production mode yet and can't currently keep up with one off orders, much less group orders. I may be interested in one of these kits too someday. A lot cheaper than a new boat.

I imagine over the next couple seasons it will have to decrease in price dramatically as there will be a lot more used boats on the market with factory surf systems.

I really like the wave I got out of my DIY gate this season. I have to rebuild it out of better materials this winter.

But I have spent a ton of time testing and tinkering with it, steering sucks and we cant do transfers. With the cost of a new boat even at 4K I have been tempted to say screw the DIY gate and just buy it. I could never pull the trigger without seeing it working on my exact boat though.

even with gsa deployed steering isn't affected (noticeably) for me. I think it's due to the tabs going mostly downward vs extending outward. Of course, retracting & redeploying them after picking up the rider is two presses of a button. The transfer is really cool. haven't tried it...but just having one more option behind the boat is great.

even with gsa deployed steering isn't affected (noticeably) for me. I think it's due to the tabs going mostly downward vs extending outward. Of course, retracting & redeploying them after picking up the rider is two presses of a button. The transfer is really cool. haven't tried it...but just having one more option behind the boat is great.

Wait, I thought this system used a controller which would automatically retract and deploy at certain speeds (~7 and ~14)...?

Am I the only one curious what would happen if you used tabs and gates simultaneously????

It doesn't help develop waves with both tabs down. It pushes the stern up equally. When you are fully loaded and ready to wakeboard push both right and left buttons at the same time for three seconds. The tabs both deploy and go into "Launch Control" mode until you get the boat up to planing speed.

Tabs, gates, wedges, etc - Maybe soon someone will come up with a hull that throws a nice wave on both sides without all these extras

They do make boats that create waves without surf devices. They are just expensive.

• Like 4

It doesn't help develop waves with both tabs down. It pushes the stern up equally. When you are fully loaded and ready to wakeboard push both right and left buttons at the same time for three seconds. The tabs both deploy and go into "Launch Control" mode until you get the boat up to planing speed.

You misunderstood my question using a surf tab on a surf gated boat. So you would have 2 devices on each side. ..

You misunderstood my question using a surf tab on a surf gated boat. So you would have 2 devices on each side. ..

HAHA. Sorry. It works but you don't get a better wave. It was worse than just slamming a Malibu and using surf gate only.

• 1 month later...

Bought it for my Christmas present... Here is ride on Christmas Eve:

You can tune the wake to be steep or short by adjusting the waveshaper and wedge, In this instance it was tuned .75 towards the steep

• Like 3

Bought it for my Christmas present... Here is ride on Christmas Eve:

You can tune the wake to be steep or short by adjusting the waveshaper and wedge, In this instance it was tuned .75 towards the steep

wow that wave is huge! what year LSV?