Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wire gauge to rear ballast aerator pumps

vanamp

My boats stored at the dealer for the season and I am trying to plan my ballast upgrade for spring. Does anyone know what gauge of wire is run to the rear ballast aerator pumps?

I am curious if the gauge large enough to handle a second aerator pump added to it in parallel (2 drain pumps).

If not and I end up running wire I will probably add a reversible pump instead of second aerator.

Yeah should be fine really. Those pumps don't draw many amps.

I'm probably going to do the same. Dual fill and drain pumps with hard tanks removed and sumo 900s.

Edited by boardjnky4

I'm thinking of pulling hard tanks and swapping out fly high 750's with the 1100's that have an extra drain port.

The plan would be to have 2 drain pumps "y" together to 1" tubing and change the 3/4" outlet to 1"

That would leave I vent port and fill port available on bag. I was thinking about enlarging the bottom thru-hull and putting 2 fill pumps in and "y" them to the fill port on the bag but I'm not sure if I'll gain much having two pumps going to one fill port.

Not sure if I'll worry about the 2nd fill pump as we are usually getting ready and fill times are not as big a deal. But when we stay out a tad too long and the mosquitos start swarming us the waiting for things to drain can be painful

I'm thinking of pulling hard tanks and swapping out fly high 750's with the 1100's that have an extra drain port.

The plan would be to have 2 drain pumps "y" together to 1" tubing and change the 3/4" outlet to 1"

That would leave I vent port and fill port available on bag. I was thinking about enlarging the bottom thru-hull and putting 2 fill pumps in and "y" them to the fill port on the bag but I'm not sure if I'll gain much having two pumps going to one fill port.

Not sure if I'll worry about the 2nd fill pump as we are usually getting ready and fill times are not as big a deal. But when we stay out a tad too long and the mosquitos start swarming us the waiting for things to drain can be painful

If you use sumo 900s you get 5 ports total. 2 on top 2 on bottom and the LINK valve on top. You can do dual fill and drains and use the link for the vent.

I like the port size and quantity on the sumo bags but we only surf and I need the extra weight when it's just my wife and I out riding.

The Sumo 900 holds an actual 1000 pounds. See the below wakeworld link for proof. And while the below test never actually tested a Fly High 1100, they found the 750 Fly High was overrated, and actually only held 720 pounds. On page two, the tester estimates that they believe the 1100 would be closer to 1000 pounds. Basically what I'm saying is, there's only going to be a negligable difference in a Sumo 900 and a Fly High 1100.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800855

And really, my final point would be this. A few people have already pulled their hard tanks and run ballast bags only. Those people ran Sumo 900s and reported that they are a perfect fit in the compartment of an Axis and fill completely full. Even with an empty boat, you'll have plenty of ballast.

Edited by boardjnky4

It's hard to describe. It's basically Strightlines ballast pump adapter. It's basically more secure version of a quick connect. But it's secure enough (and an adapter is made) to attach a fill/vent line to it for plug n play.

Watch this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUzb8t7stI

Adapter

http://www.wakemakers.com/launch-pad-link-thread-adapter.html