Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can MTC control additional ballast?

ajgear

My 2014 VTX does not have the factory bow ballast tank. I am going to install a bow bag under the seats, and I'm wondering if the bow ballast pump can be wired/programmed into the MTC. It's obviously not a big deal if it can't be, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this as an option or has actually tried it. Thanks.

ahopkins22LSV

I would imagine it can be tied into the bow "switch" on the MTC. Even our TXi screen has the options to show ballast. Or there is and aux switch under the switch tab. Now I don't know how to tie into the screen, sorry.

I know that the level.indication in the mtc appears and disappears when the tank level sender is plugged/unplugged.

I'd consider the stock type tank if you already have the space to put it. Then you can have a level sender and control the tank fill with the presets.

I may be wrong but you should be able to tie it into the panel located under the dash. The only thing that will not work is the auto fill and drain portions. Since you will not have a level indication. So the MTC would act just like the manual dash switches. Let us know what you figure out.