Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Bigdaddie

Touch screen on 2015 VLX 22

Bigdaddie

I purchased a 2015 VLX and have problems with the dash screen freezing up so I have stop the motor and turn off the batteries. The dealer is working on the problem and has replaced the main dash screen but it hasn't helped. Malibu sent their main engineer to look but still no solution. Am I the only person having this issue?

ahopkinsVTX

Do you have the latest software installed? IIRC there was an issue with some of the earlier production boats with the software and an update corrected it.

Bigdaddie

The dealer updated it in August 2125 but not sure what version. They had the viper head engineer down to look at it but at last outing it froze more often. Can I tell what version software I have?

ahopkinsVTX

Should be able to look it up on the 7" screen. I can't tell you what the latest version is though

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Bigdaddie

I will check tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for the tip I hope you are right

buzzard

I would think that if Malibu has sent their main engineer...up to date software would've been the first think he'd checked.

Wakesetter67

Mine did it the first month and then after the update it has not frozen up since, But we have had a constant flicker, and they are working on a solution, other than that it's been awesome!

Edited by Wakesetter67

Cory

Has a new firmware update been released since the February update for 2015 boats?

23LSVOwner

Has a new firmware update been released since the February update for 2015 boats?

No.

Brian Young

They replaced the big screen, or the MTC? I'm on my third MTC, which is the brain of the entire system. One froze completely, the other had a stereo glitch. Both were replace early this season. All has been working flawlessly since.

Edited by Brian Young

23LSVOwner

Has the dealer replaced the 7" and the 12" with the latest version? There was a little issue in the earlier ones that can cause this issue in some cases.

dielawn

I had this happen when i first received my boat, I had them do a firmware update, and the problem was resolved...

CoryB

Also had this happen last month on my 15 VLX. All 12" buttons totally non-responsive. Shut battery switch only briefly then restarted, screen was still locked up. Tried again but left batteries off for over a minute, and then it came up fine.

Had me thinking about how I was going to manually drain all the bags and tanks to trailer it home...

Bigdaddie

I do have latest firmware. I think replacing the 7" screen is next thanks to all of you for the information

23LSVOwner

I do have latest firmware. I think replacing the 7" screen is next thanks to all of you for the information

Make sure they replace the 12" also. Both of them need to be the same revision. Part number ends with a .1 for each one.