Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing my 2014 LSV ? Had a few questions.

So reading through the manual I am a little unclear on the process. I have the half system (LS3 motor) is my heater on the closed loop side or do I need to blow it out? I'd trace lines but I don't know where it even is. Also anyone have pointers for getting the hoses off the sea pump? Thanks in advance!!!

If you have a closed loop system the heater is on the closed loop side. No need to do anything to it.

I hate dealing with hoses so I flush the sea water system with RV antifreeze using a T tap by the V drive. Much easier than dealing with hoses down under. Others differ. Either way works.

No need to drain the block. In fact you do not want to drain the block. Before you flush using the RV antifreeze drain the sea side of the heat exchanger (radiator) and drain the exhaust manifolds and leave the drain plugs (or disconnect) out while you flush. You need run the engine only about 20 seconds to suck in a gallon or two of antifreeze to displace all the water. When you see pink running out of the drains you're all set.