Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Well, 2015 is over...

ahopkins22LSV

Weather looks real good for the first part of next week. High 60's and very little wind. Hopefully get another 2 or 3 sets in the course before putting the boat away and the Polar Bear Ski 12/5/2015.

ahopkins22LSV

I like keeping my boat in a heated garage.....there is no "official" end of season.

I could keep it in my garage, but we might get a day or two in November, but that may not even happen. Once ice starts forming it is pretty much done for us until April. We had three feet of ice last year.

Weather looks real good for the first part of next week. High 60's and very little wind. Hopefully get another 2 or 3 sets in the course before putting the boat away and the Polar Bear Ski 12/5/2015.

I know! I was going to put this off one more week after seeing that. But,with the time change this weekend getting home in time to ski is going to be next to impossible. Oh well. I will be at Polar Bear.

CRAP!!!! My mom got my kids a polar express ride for Christmas on the 5th!!! I want to go to the polar bear event :cry:

Not cool! Tell her to just take the kids and you come to Polar Bear. ;)

No kidding! I think its at 11am too, so there is no way to do both. I am seriously bummed. Hubby just said when we get the boat back from the dealer (hopefully next week) he will take me out for a surf session. In theory it sounds awesome, but the weather forecast is looking like I need to get it dried out, winterized and shrink wrapped by next weekend. I am going to go pout now.

CRAP!!!! My mom got my kids a polar express ride for Christmas on the 5th!!! I want to go to the polar bear event :cry:

Need to mark your calendar in advance, Polar Bear Ski is always the first Saturday of December.

I believe Silver Spray has one on the same day also.

Taking Wednesday off work, last visit to my hand surgeon. Skiing in the afternoon hopefully. Totally forgot about the time change also.

Edited by onamission

Got out today. Water 52 air 53. 105, still alive!

Hoping to get out Sunday and Monday also. After that, it's all she wrote for me probably. In NY for work when it's supposed to hit nearly 70 on Tuesday-Thursday and headed to Asia the following week through turkey day. :(

On the plus side, I got the Vapor dialed in for colder water! Took a really hard OTF last time out. Went with Brooks' settings and mucho bettero. No sore ribs today!

yeper. All boats out now including all the crew I ski with. Just hung the dry suit in the back room and ski put away. Now get the rowing machine and the elliptical machine back out and dusted off. Oh boy I would much rather be putting in four or five hard outing in each week.

Countdown has started!

yeper. All boats out now including all the crew I ski with. Just hung the dry suit in the back room and ski put away. Now get the rowing machine and the elliptical machine back out and dusted off. Oh boy I would much rather be putting in four or five hard outing in each week.

Countdown has started!

Your signature man... c'mon! Gotta play hooky and ski when it's in the mid-upper 60s and sunny this week!

I'm headed out in a couple hours and again tomorrow, then that's likely it until spring unless I make it to FL in Dec or Jan.

Air temp. 65. Winds gusty to 20. You could surf wave today without a boat.

Working to keep in shape, 25 bags of leaves and about 15 more to go.

Wednesday still looking the best, hopefully on the water by 3 at the latest.

Can,t take a chance well I am out of town hunting. I might need to change that . don't mind the temp for me but any later then this week and I may not get one of the lift guys to lift the lift out. and I don't want to do it on my own. Getting to old!

We got out today just to say we ski'd November. Gusty and terrible water, but we found some sheltered spots. Last boat is out now and gets winterized tomorrow. I'd leave it in for the mild temps this week but it will be dark too early to ski anyway. November in Michigan is pretty good. Need to work on leaves, they all came down this week. Sigh

post-20057-0-41799900-1446426633_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice! I spent all day yesterday working on leaves. Still have more to do, ran out of bags and didn't feel like going to the store today.

Know how you feel, we did 33 this weekend and 12 last week. Normally we fill about 75.

During a break I started to work on the boat, dating my 11 year ago LEDs a d slipped getting out from the slippery hull and bruised my armpit. Need to heal quick before the end is really here.

Weather here wasnt as nice as promised so i didnt feel too bad about having winterized. Was fine for doing leafs luckily the city has a place we can dump them, so the pickup bed just gets filled up, no bagging and unbagging. 7 truck loads yesterday.

ahopkins22LSV

Luckily our lot is small 1/8th an acre, but it is also a wind funnel. Everything seems to get trapped in our front/side yard. Filled 12 and probably still have 15-20 to go.

However I've been reading a few things that mulching leaves is actually really good for your grass as long as you mulch them really fine. I'm trying that this year so it is cutting down on some of the bagging.

I would love to be able to load my truck up and dump them.

It would be hard to mulch ours, 3" of mulched leaves just kills all the grass;)

Same here. Mowed/mulched the same clippings 3 times in 3 different directions with each clean up. Just made a matted down mess in the end.

ahopkins22LSV

Haha same here so I loosely raked and picked up Saturday to leave just enough to still be able see the grass and then mulched that. Was nice because I didn't care about being perfect while taking and bagging.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Today my boys will rake the back yard. Tomorrow they will rake the front yard. My daughter will help out with the leaf blower. I will not touch a single leaf.

Yesterday we were at the lake house, and got that ready for winter. A guy will take care of every leaf and blade of grass there for $180 for the season, and that place gets covered in leaves.

The only leaves that I will pick up this year will be the ones I use to light a bonfire. Cuz I'm the boss, and I'll live it like a boss....if I could just get $20 for beer....

I wish. But then I enjoy being outside. I spent half of the day yesterday doing a neighbors yard and I must say a big yard. He is in his 90's and one of the good old boys who made it home from dropping bombs on the German ball bearing plants back in WWII. Cool old guy his mind is good but the rest has gone away. I did get a lot of help from one of my ski partners. Thanks Mark!

I did another old boys yard last year and two weeks later he died of a massive hart attack. Both of them own land across from my home and let me walk and do photo work back there. Got to take care of the good neighbors!

You guys and your leaf talk are funny. 3 weeks out of every year I am a stout Democrat. It happens to be the same 3 weeks every year that all of my leaves fall down. I have lots of trees and millions of leaves, and my poor neighbors have non. So when all of my leaves fall down I let the wind, a.k.a the government, redistribute all of my leaf wealth. It works out great! By the middle of December I am completely leaf poor and my neighbors usually end up with more than me. And can you imagine, my neighbors are completely unappreciative of my sacrafice :dontknow:

I pulled my boat last week and got my last ski run on October 24th. If I wasn't leaving tomorrow for a 2 weeks hunting trip she'd still be in the water and I'd be skiing all this week.

Edited by msuwaterski

Still a couple of days left. Air 70 Water 56. Neighbor texted can you be ready in 30 minutes at 3:45. 2 out of 4 passes through the course. If you look close you can see the course.

post-82-0-12133600-1446507827_thumb.jpg

• Like 3